Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Old 07-22-2010, 01:08 AM

I'd like to see them on a car before I gave an opinion.

No silver lip to offset might be too much black.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:32 AM

wheels that are entirely black suck. they don't look sinister, they look cheap.

a wise man named Scott Sullivan once said painting something semi flat black makes it dissapear into the background. he was absolutely correct. now the question, why would you want a set of badass looking wheels to fade away? the guy should have just put a set of cragar soft 8 steelies on the car if he was going to do an all black wheel. at least he would still have alot of money in his pocket.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:57 PM

Ain't nothing about those wheels cheap that what the customer wanted. I agree it does look better on some cars than others but still u have to contrast to a point.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
Is it irony that a guy with the screen name SR71 aka Blackbird stealth legend is posting this ??

I personally agree that all black doesn't suit me too well, but I LOVE blacked out rims with a polished lip.
That's the new style that's quickly taking over. Chrome is dying out after 92 years finally......(1928)

Last edited by CreepinDeth; 07-24-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:40 PM

NIce.... think with Chrome lips they would be the Bomb
Old 07-24-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropit69 View Post
Jason are you still making these wheels? didnt see them on the site and was thinking of a set for my 71..love these wheels..
The wheels are still available. Not sure if they have made it up on the Rushforth site yet. Feel free to call,PM, or email with any questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post

a wise man named Scott Sullivan once said painting something semi flat black makes it dissapear into the background. he was absolutely correct. now the question, why would you want a set of badass looking wheels to fade away? the guy should have just put a set of cragar soft 8 steelies on the car if he was going to do an all black wheel. at least he would still have alot of money in his pocket.
LOL. Thanks for your input. To each their own. Cheers to the customer who has the guts to do something different regardless of what other people think.

69 Camaro, 68 Camaro, 05 GTO.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:26 PM

pics on the car.
https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...=25268&page=10

1970 1/2 rs z28...pro-touring?...i wish...soon?
Old 07-24-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepinDeth View Post
Is it irony that a guy with the screen name SR71 aka Blackbird stealth legend is posting this ??

I personally agree that all black doesn't suit me too well, but I LOVE blacked out rims with a polished lip.
That's the new style that's quickly taking over. Chrome is dying out after 92 years finally......(1928)
the blackbird wasn't about stealth. it was about sheer, untouchable speed. it flew right through the heart of enemy territory in broad daylight and outran everything ever launched against it.

about the sn....my previous ride was a black 2000 c5 with a 402 ls2 spinning a pair of 76mm turbos. when crusing on the street, you heard the turbos coming before you heard the engine. the car went 5.50's in the 1/8 and saw about 2k street miles per year.

I agree that black centers with a polished lip looks great. my first drag wheels on the vette were black center w/ polished lip ccw's.

entirely black wheels just look like black holes in the wheelwells. if I was good with photoshop, I would take a pic of a car with all black wheels and add some cinder blocks under the car. at first glance, it would look like someone had stolen the wheels.

trends will come and trends will go. I'm not going to do anything just because it's the new trend or style. I'm not a follower.

if the owner of the wheels likes them, that's what matters. he paid for them not me. but again, I would rather draw attention to a nice set of wheels instead of downplaying them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@driverzinc View Post
LOL. Thanks for your input. To each their own. Cheers to the customer who has the guts to do something different regardless of what other people think.
you're welcome.

when you post things up on a forum you will get opinions. not all of them will be to your liking. all black wheels are a love it or hate it thing with about a 50/50 split. I see all black wheels everyday around here. usually on a clapped out import.

opinions are just that. they are the likes or dislikes of one person. as long as the person paying the bill gets what they want, all is well. and you guys do a great job of giving people what they want.

Last edited by SR71; 07-24-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:56 PM

I think a set of these all black night trains would look great on my sour apple green nova.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Lateral-G Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntnova View Post
I think a set of these all black night trains would look great on my sour apple green nova.
That can be arranged!