Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 05-09-2010, 11:33 AM

Thanks to Randy of D&Z Customs and Brad from West Bend Dyno Tuning for your hospitality and the great lunch.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Supporting Vendor

RecoveryRoomInteriors.com

FINCH I think your already on your way!! The vette you was a nice build also
Old 05-10-2010, 07:59 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellyv View Post
I had a very hard week getting my car ready, and I almost gave up missed saturday and just made it on sunday! I just have my shop clean enough to work and its almost 2pm, to say the least my tool box exploded all over my shop. I am so happy I made it and with a car that I really did'nt think even belonged there due to my Cuda heading to Mecum this month and my Camaro in the corner not ready for anything. So last week I had the idea to break out the credit card and buy some minimal parts to take my 78 gold edition y88 car out of the corner and get it out on the track, I've owned the car since I was 16 and its probably the coolest piece of my history that I have I really cant believe the car or me made it out of high school alive. So back to the story I just made it and got sent right to the autox and lets just say I needed some more go juice to get this thing around the corner, and if you seen me at the brake challenge I looked more like a stunt driver than a race car driver, but the car did very well on the road coarse in the back straight I actually had the speedo bouncing off the peg! After lunch I headed back to the autox and ran a ton of laps I beat the car so hard I broke the 2 front seat brackets off then headed back to the road track and had an absolute blast. So everythings done and their handing out all of the awards and imagine that I did'nt win a thing (not that I expected to) but they got to the last thing the overall winner who gets a spot at the optima ultimate street car invitational and just before they announced the winner they said that they would be handing out 2 instead of just one and they gave the 2nd spot to little old me with a old mostely stock trans am I almost fainted! So the jist of this long post (sorry) is get your butt's out there and have fun it does'nt matter what you have or if you think you or your car wont impress anyone trust me I built plenty of cooler cars than this but it just goes to show if you get out there and beat your car into the dirt and smile while doing it someone just might send you to Vegas Baby!!!!!!!!! I would like to thank Jimi and Cam and everybody else that had anything to do with this event. Telly Violetto
Congrats Telly, it was good meeting you out there.

Dave
Old 05-10-2010, 10:50 AM

You to Dave the car worked good I just needed a couple hundred more hp to keep up with everyone, that thing is a stone!!!