Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 11-23-2011, 04:51 PM

Default NCRC and PRO-Touring Events

I had a little meeting this afternoon at Dave Mills house to discuss future Pro-Touring Events. Dave Mills is one of the owners of the Northern California Racing Club.
It seems to me that the consensus is that we will definitely want to continue a yearly Buttonwillow event in September and this year the Buttonwillow event will fall on September 15th & 16th. He told me if we chose to, we could label the event anything we wanted and give us our own group if we would like.

I'm not interested in turning this into any sort of competition event, just a get together.

In addition I explained to Dave that we have been also throwing around the idea of a Thunderhill event.

My question to you all is, should I continue to pursue getting our own group thing and making it official or should I just leave it alone and we just sign up for random events.

Last edited by Track Junky; 11-23-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:01 PM

Thanks for pursuing this for all of us Gaetano!

September BW with everyone was so good, my calendar now revolves around that weekend. I like the idea of making it official with dates, it gives everyone specific milestones to get their act together and the turnout will be much higher.

I am good for about 3-4 events a year, so you can count me in for at least 1 thunderhill and 1 buttonwillow with NCRC per year. We would probably need at least 10 cars per event for NCRC to give us our own group right?

1968 Camaro: "TRACKDAY"

Build In Progress: https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=10706

Last edited by sik68; 11-23-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:20 PM

Thanks for your interest Steven and yes the magic minimum number will be ten. In addition he will also set aside our own Paddock space.

He told me that he is 90% finished with locking in the Thunderhill dates and will have them posted up within days.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:13 PM

I like the idea of having our own run group. I'm definitely in for Buttonwillow.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Sounds good to me.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Old 11-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Explain the difference between the NCRS and "our" RTTX events....

Or say - the Northern California Shelby Clubs "track days" that I ran at Thunderhill. They had 3 groups and ran 20 minute sessions per group.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Explain the difference between the NCRS and "our" RTTX events....

Or say - the Northern California Shelby Clubs "track days" that I ran at Thunderhill. They had 3 groups and ran 20 minute sessions per group.

Their website kinda indicates that they're RACING events..... so I'm must asking'....
Old 11-23-2011, 09:40 PM

Sounds good! But don't forget Howell is supposedly very close to announcing a date for Thunderhill for RTT-whatever for October 2012 I believe I read.

I am definitely in for the Buttonwillow track day next year that I recently missed.

Thanks for working the back channels, G.

Greg, NCRC is another one of many track day organizers and club racing sponsors, very much like the Shelby Club, except a littler more open minded. This is not a replacement or equivalent for a RTTx event.

NCRC does have a Time Trial deal.... G, you said you were gonna switch to that I believe instead of doing NASA again?
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 11-23-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
Sounds good! But don't forget Howell is supposedly very close to announcing a date for Thunderhill for RTT-whatever for October 2012 I believe I read.

I am definitely in for the Buttonwillow track day next year that I recently missed.

Thanks for working the back channels, G.

Greg, NCRC is another one of many track day organizers and club racing sponsors, very much like the Shelby Club, except a littler more open minded. This is not a replacement or equivalent for a RTTx event.

NCRC does have a Time Trial deal.... G, you said you were gonna switch to that I believe instead of doing NASA again?
Thanks Dave, and I'm glad you mentioned it. What I would like to do is try and get Bill Howell and Dave together and maybe that will help Bill in getting the Thunderhill gig together.

NCRC does have a Time Trial group but you do not need to run the Time Trial group for lap times. You could get timed in any group except the school group.

And yes, I am switching over to NCRC from NASA due to track day costs. On top of that NCRC gives 5 sessions as opposed to 4 with NASA.

I know we are going to get a great turnout at Buttonwillow but how many are interested in a Thunderhill event?

Oh, and Greg, NCRC is probably alot like the Shelby club.

Last edited by Track Junky; 11-23-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Junky View Post
Thanks Dave, and I'm glad you mentioned it. What I would like to do is try and get Bill Howell and Dave together and maybe that will help Bill in getting the Thunderhill gig together.

NCRC does have a Time Trial group but you do not need to run the Time Trial group for lap times. You could get timed in any group except the school group.

And yes, I am switching over to NCRC from NASA due to track day costs. On top of that NCRC gives 5 sessions as opposed to 4 with NASA.

I know we are going to get a great turnout at Buttonwillow but how many are interested in a Thunderhill event?

Oh, and Greg, NCRC is probably alot like the Shelby club.

Thanks! I've only ever done one of these (the NCSC) so it's all new to me.