User Name
Password

Old 06-12-2010, 08:01 PM

Default Street Thunder and Mustang and Fords

these are old, but it still warms my heart

http://www.streetmachineclub.com/Pro...aspx?id=128294

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featu...ck/photos.html
Old 06-16-2010, 07:19 AM

Man, what a beautiful car! The stance is perfect! Im assuming the seats are recovered Cobra or Mustang seats, and I have a question. Did you use seat risers trimmed down or totally eliminated from the floor nad just mount the seats directly too floor brackets? Im tossing around ideas for my 04 Cobra seats into my '66 Coupe and wanted to see what you did, since the placement and height seems about right. I want to utilize the power seats ( even thoughthey're stupid-heavy) for the comfort factor, and that raises the seat bun up more than just using generic frames. Any advice would be appreciated!

Again, great car! I hope you still have it.

KT.
PTFB, Viking, Holley Performance Products, BFGoodrich, Heatshield Products, Turbonetics, Hellion Turbo Systems,TCI, Dennys driveshafts, Eastwood, Preferredline Media, Summit Racing, Strange Engineering, Forgeline, TMI Products, DBR High Performance, Spectre Performance, Vintage Air, NPD, Digitails, Redline Lumtronix, Dakota Digital, Newport Engineering, Stage 8 fasteners, Industrial Depot, Brian Finch, Grant Salter, and many more Good friends with big hearts.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:17 PM

Default seats

KT,

have not been on here for a while. They are actually seats out of a fiero! I tried about three different ones before settling on those. Most after market seats are too wide, and I think you will find teh cobra seats too tall. Alot of modern seats look good with the head rests removed in older cars.

The seat platforms were cut down about an inch and then all the bracketry was used as is.

I still have it. Actually went to a lower profile tire, took some camber out of the rear tires and lowered it 3/4 in the rear and 1/4 inch in front with the coil overs. Looks even better and handles like its on rails now. I cannot believe teh difference! Good luck with your project