Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 08-30-2007, 10:57 AM

Default American Stitches burnt me!

Well, I've officially been burnt!!

I sent my OEM GTS steering wheel, with only 1800 miles (brand new) and shifter boot to American Stitches (http://www.american-stitches.com/) to have them recover them with a more exotic type of leather. The website looked very legit and I even spoke with the owners on the phone before I sent them the wheel. I just found out that the company went bankrupt and my steering wheel and shift boot are gone!!

Apparently the company is operating under an new name Craft Customs same web address (http://www.american-stitches.com/). I received the following reply from Carter the owner...Carter was the owner of the previous company American Stitches.

" Unfortunately, I was never able to gain access back to the warehouse where everything was stored as the bank has taken that over and all the assets associated with the business are gone. Carter"

Carter has offered me no solutions!!! This goes to prove that not all companies advertising on-line can be trusted...regardless if I spoke to them or not. Needless to say I am now in need of a new steering wheel and shift boot.

Any way, just thought I would make everyone aware of this so they don't get burnt by this company.

Jason

1996 Viper GTS Venom 550 Hennessey
2006 Ford GT - Tungsten Lemans 1-2-3 Commemorative

"Too fast?? It's never too fast!"
Old 08-30-2007, 11:29 AM

Carter, the owner, personal email is [email protected]

I've sent him an email with the link to this thread. Enjoy Carter!

Old 08-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Damn, that really sucks. Sorry to hear about that.

My LS7 69 Camaro
Old 08-30-2007, 02:33 PM

I honestly don't expect to get anything back. This is just a great learning lesson on my part. Apparently Carter knows nothing of my steering wheel or shifter boot being received. Go figure

Here is Carters latest email to me:

"I agree that this is unacceptable, but completely out of my control. I have never persoanally seen your steering wheel or gear boot, and new nothing of it until you contacted me after the business was already closed. I had hoped to do you a personal favor, and thought they would give me access back into the warehouse, at which time I would have searched for your parts, but they didn't. I am sorry and American Stitches is officially gone. Sincerely,Carter"

I am located in Canada and unable to do anything. I am very pleased with the support from the members and thats all I can ask for.

Cheers
Jason

Old 08-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Hey man, sorry to hear about this. We had American Stitches do a wheel for us a few years ago, and the work was top notch, and they had great customer service.

Unfortunately, there are no options when the bank steps in. When its locked down, its locked down, and the bank gets usually liquidates everything and the biggest bills get paid first. We've had dealings with companies that have gone bankrupt somewhere along the way, and its a nightmare that doesn't end well. That response you got from Carter is about it, even if he could get your wheel, he could probably get nailed for theft - the bank now owns it.

Your best bet would be to try to get in touch with the bank and see what they could do for you.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:09 PM

Here is an email that I just sent Carter:

"Carter...this is in your control! I specifically spoke to John and we discussed plans for my steering wheel and shifter boot. I suggest you call him and he will tell you that it was received. Although John might not give a !@#$% and I'll still be out my steering wheel and shifter boot. Ask yourself this, why would someone from Canada be contacting you about a steering wheel that was sent to you???? I followed the written directions on American Stitches website on how to ship the item and return address, etc. I did everything as per your companies instructions!!!

I would like to think that you can make this correct but it appears that you are simply going to pass the buck and stick with the "American Stitches doesn't exist anymore story". Stay tuned for me comments on the web!"

Please note that "John" was an employee at American Stitches. For all I know he could have been part owner with Carter.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMorrison
Hey man, sorry to hear about this. We had American Stitches do a wheel for us a few years ago, and the work was top notch, and they had great customer service.

Unfortunately, there are no options when the bank steps in. When its locked down, its locked down, and the bank gets usually liquidates everything and the biggest bills get paid first. We've had dealings with companies that have gone bankrupt somewhere along the way, and its a nightmare that doesn't end well. That response you got from Carter is about it, even if he could get your wheel, he could probably get nailed for theft - the bank now owns it.

Your best bet would be to try to get in touch with the bank and see what they could do for you.
Hey Craig...I totally hear what you are saying...

I just wanted to make sure that all members know about this company. Noone needs to get burnt from this point forward!

Thanks for your comments

Old 08-30-2007, 08:21 PM

THAT SUCKS!!!!!! Spread the word!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 05:48 AM

Dang... now who am I going to get to wrap my wheel?

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
Old 09-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMorrison
That response you got from Carter is about it, even if he could get your wheel, he could probably get nailed for theft - the bank now owns it.
What gives the bank the right to "steal" the customers' parts?