Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 09-01-2007, 03:27 PM

Sorry to hear what happenned. My friend went through the same thing only it was a local business. If they received it and did not start any work on it then it doesn't belong to the bank if you can prove ownership. If they did start to work on it, they're owed money on it and the bank has some claim to it. The problem was that the burden of proof is on you unfortunately. Sometimes hard to prove especially since you're far away.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7TSS
Sorry to hear what happenned. My friend went through the same thing only it was a local business. If they received it and did not start any work on it then it doesn't belong to the bank if you can prove ownership. If they did start to work on it, they're owed money on it and the bank has some claim to it. The problem was that the burden of proof is on you unfortunately. Sometimes hard to prove especially since you're far away.
They had not yet started work on it because they were too busy. I was in no rush and therefore was waiting for them to get back to me. The only way to tell that the steering wheel and shifter boot are mine is by the box I shipped them in. I didn't have my name on either item so it's easy for anyone to say it's theirs instead of mine.

1996 Viper GTS Venom 550 Hennessey
2006 Ford GT - Tungsten Lemans 1-2-3 Commemorative

"Too fast?? It's never too fast!"
Old 09-02-2007, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spddmnjay
They had not yet started work on it because they were too busy. I was in no rush and therefore was waiting for them to get back to me. The only way to tell that the steering wheel and shifter boot are mine is by the box I shipped them in. I didn't have my name on either item so it's easy for anyone to say it's theirs instead of mine.

Yes, but it's not exactly likely that someone is going to call them up, and guess at what they might have, to try and get your stuff.

I would definitley get in touch with the bank. A good description of the parts should do the trick, though you may have to wait a bit to get them.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
Old 09-08-2007, 07:26 PM

I FOUND MY SHIPPING RECEIPT FOR THE STEERING WHEEL AND SHIFTER BOOT!!!!!

Here are the details from Canada Post:

Item Number: CX139483545CA

Product Type: Expedited USA

Destination Address:

American Stitches

4420 Grisham Dr.

Rowlett, TX

Date 2007/01/08
12:43
ROWLETT, TX
Item successfully delivered to Receiver

2007/01/08
Item has been received at the delivery office in the destination country

2006/12/31
14:40
MISSISSAUGA, ON
Item accepted and entered into sortation plant

2006/12/27
20:59
LLOYDMINSTER, AB
Item accepted at the Post office

I will be emailing this information to Carter (owner of American Stitches now Craft Customs) to prove that he is a scumbag!!

Old 09-10-2007, 11:40 AM

I find it interesting that Carter suggests that he knew nothing of the shipment and didn't receive it...but the shipping receipt clearly indicates that he did.

Did I mention SCUMBAG???

Old 09-10-2007, 11:50 AM

Have you tried to contact the bank yet?
Old 09-10-2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907rs
Have you tried to contact the bank yet?
I've just notified the authorities in Texas and they're on it. I'll keep all posted.

Cheers
Jason

Old 09-24-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spddmnjay
I find it interesting that Carter suggests that he knew nothing of the shipment and didn't receive it...but the shipping receipt clearly indicates that he did.

Did I mention SCUMBAG???
I've been in your shoes, and it's not a fun place to be. With that said, you mentioned that John was an employee that you were working with. I'd venture to say it's very possible that Carter had no knowledge of the piece. I understand this may be a difficult time, but calling the guy a scumbag on a non-related forum will get you nowhere. The bank is obviously in control of the American Stitches assets. Surely you can find someone there who can work with you. Legally, this truly is out of Carters hands... you need to work with the bank now.

It should be noted that prior to 5 minutes ago I had no knowledge from either side, I'm simply basing this opinion off of what I've read in this thread and previous work in similar situations. I hope things work out for the best.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:31 AM

I quoted Carter's email to me in a previous post, "...I have
never persoanally seen your steering wheel or gear boot, and new nothing of
it until you contacted me after the business was already closed..." To me this suggests that he is lying about it IMHO.

I didn't mention that during one of our very first telephone conversations Carter suggested that he knew about the shifter boot and steering wheel. He also wondered why the shifter boot was sent? I guess it was my assumption from his email comment above that he was guilty especially once I provided the shipping receipt.

It was also my understanding that there were only two employees of the company, Carter and John. So in my mind it would be very difficult to receive a shipment and not know about it.

Sure I could give him the benefit of the doubt but it is way to easy for him to suggest that he nothing of it...and that is exactly what he has done. I suspect that it is due to my physical location on the globe, the Great White North.

This has been a very good learning lesson for myself and I will conduct my internet business much more carefully from now on.

I am happy to have warned others of this company and hopefully alleviate any potential problems by doing business with them.

Cheers
Jason