Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Events > Track and Driving Events
User Name
Password

Old 08-07-2006, 01:50 PM

Talking Brainerd Intl. Raceway Sept. 18th --Open Track!

Here comes another chance to run the 3.1 mile road course at BIR! Yes, the track with the mile long straight!

Here are a few details:

Event Date: 9/18/06 (Monday)
Track: Brainerd International Raceway
Open to any/all car types. Must have a completed tech inspection, helmet etc. as is typical. Unlike some other groups that run up at BIR, we will have corner workers & a safety crew. Instruction & mentors for those that are new will also be made available. Safety is always #1. Please read carefully the information on the registration page as well.

More details to come. We are working on a special rate with a hotel in the area etc.

This is IMPORTANT:

With the relatively short time before the event, we must quickly get people registered. Cost for this event is $195 by check or $200 if paying via PayPal. We need at least 40 participants in order to make this happen. If we cannot get 40 paid in a short period of time, all money will be refunded with the exception of PayPal fees.

Register NOW!

Join us on Monday, September 18th, 2006 @ Brainerd International Raceway in Brainerd, MN.

We are happy to offer another great event for 2006. As our well-known "PDE" event has been, this is also a non-competitive, open track event. Although many insurance companies have been known to extend coverage for any non-competitive event such as this, it is the driver's responsibility to understand their particular policy in this regard. All drivers as well as guests must sign waivers at the track. Drivers must read, understand, and adhere to all event guidelines. Driving instruction will be provided and REQUIRED for all beginners. All drivers and passengers must be 18 years or older and must wear a cotton shirt, long pants, and closed shoes. Two drivers may share a car, but will both be required to pay the full entry fee. Helmets are required for all drivers & passengers. A Snell rating of SA95 or better is strongly encouraged. All open cars are strongly encouraged to have a four-point roll bar, or minimally hoops behind the seats. This is of course for your own safety. BIR is a VERY fast track and in the interest of safety, any open car without a roll bar will be limited to 110 mph on any part of the track. Violating this rule will result in your day being over with no refund. All cars require at least factory seat belts. It is your responsibility to make sure that your family, crew and guests understand and follow all event rules!

Technical Inspection:
ALL cars are required to pass a technical inspection before participating. You are responsible for downloading our Tech Sheet and carefully going through each & every item. This is for your own safety as well as the safety of all other drivers. You may do this inspection yourself, but we strongly recommend that at the very least you have a friend go through the list along with you. If you have any doubts, PLEASE have a qualified mechanic perform the inspection. You MUST have a signed tech inspection sheet along with you when arrive at the track.

Thanks!

Todd Danielson
Track Time Motorsports, LLC
651-203-8009

Looks like I'll be there. 200-300 miles of track time is very attainable at these events.

Open to anyone....... come on...... you know you want to......

Randy
31k miles
Old 08-14-2006, 11:05 PM

I just might have to do this. If my car makes it back from Drag Week in one piece that is.

'70 El Camino SS L78 396 - It's back!
Lateral-g Feature
Chevy High Performance Feature

'09 Viper SRT-10X
Car Craft 2009 RSE Winner
Car Craft Feature
NARRA Road America TTU Record Holder
Old 08-15-2006, 02:31 PM

arghhh! I'd fly home to illinois and borrow a car for this event if I weren't already going to be in mexico swimmin' with the fishies and drinking tequila.

for those of you who haven't been here, its a great opportunity to run a nice track at a great time of year.

-=MIke
Old 08-15-2006, 02:45 PM

Cool

I would love to see your car passing me at BIR, Keith. I will try to stay out of your way, or stay in the pits so I can watch and get some pictures.

Your in car video is still one of my favorites.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Randy

Oh yeah some teaser pics for those who aren't familiar with BIR. Hmmmm.....look at that straight.

Large picture of the track

Last edited by HAULNSS; 08-15-2006 at 02:48 PM. Reason: big picture
Old 08-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Supporting Member

Smile

If anyone has an empty passenger seat, I'd be interested in riding along... I doubt I'll have my car ready for that type of abuse by then, and it would be nice to get up there and see what goes on before I show up as a noob with my car, not knowing what to expect.

If nobody who's racing has extra room, would anyone else want to car-pool up there? (Scott or Darrell?)
Old 08-16-2006, 02:08 PM

Cool

Derek,
Spectating is free....bring a helmet if you have one. (there should be some loaners, too) We should have a Caprice wagon up there for you to ride in, too. (The light blue one from Car Craft)

Most of us enjoy giving rides to share the fun of buzzing around the big track. I usually always have a passenger, as I will talk a lot and giggle like a school girl all the way around the track. Taking a full size car around a track is still fun every lap.

Riding with several people is a great way to learn lines and get a feel for the way different cars handle. I try to snag a ride when my car is cooling down.

We need the committment to the track to make this happen, though. If you know anyone interested, get them to sign up.

Randy
31k miles
Old 08-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Supporting Member

That would be cool.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:37 PM

Talking

The track day is a go!

Everyone is welcome to attend. I hope to see some Lat-G folks wringing out on the track.

Randy
31k miles
Old 08-27-2006, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAULNSS
The track day is a go!

Everyone is welcome to attend. I hope to see some Lat-G folks wringing out on the track.

Randy
So you got your minimum 40 entries??

Is pre-registration mandatory or can I show up the day of and pay?

'70 El Camino SS L78 396 - It's back!
Lateral-g Feature
Chevy High Performance Feature

'09 Viper SRT-10X
Car Craft 2009 RSE Winner
Car Craft Feature
NARRA Road America TTU Record Holder
Old 08-28-2006, 10:39 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAA
So you got your minimum 40 entries??

Is pre-registration mandatory or can I show up the day of and pay?
There is a committment from another group to fill the event.

Pre-registering isn't mandatory, and we won't turn you away. It just makes it easier for planning having a headcount going in. We need to have instructors for the classroom and on track (not that you need one). Normally, we have instructors available all day to everyone, and usually require an instructor sign off to bring passengers.

There is a short drivers meeting required and then a quick classroom session for the novices. Experienced drivers can start warm up laps during the classroom session.

The big thing is to have the tech insection sheet completed before hand to make sure you can get on the track right away.

Get a hold of Todd @ Track Time Motorsports and he will make sure we have you covered Keith. I know you will be at the Drag Week and hopefully the car stays together.

He can have everything ready for you, should you be able to make it.

Todd Danielson
Track Time Motorsports, LLC
651-203-8009
612-839-9436 Cell
[[email protected]]

I look forward to seeing you at BIR.

Randy
31k miles