Looks good to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to ScotI For This Useful Post:
64G-lark (01-11-2021)
Old 01-11-2021, 10:31 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,566 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64G-lark View Post
Marty, I really like them. I forget who, but someone on the boards turned me onto them on my last project. I was struggling with stainless steel. I have never used normal steel lines due to the corrosion issues, but the stainless steel lines are much harder to work with. Stainless is hard on flaring tools, doesn’t seal as well, work hardens, and is pretty much one shot and your done. If you decide to use it I would recommend getting a good brand ( SUR&R). There are a lot of cheap brands on Amazon that don’t have consistent wall thickness and some are higher copper content.
Thank you, Thank you

I might grab some from my local Napa store tonight just to play with it and see how it bends. I am starting to enjoy bending brake lines.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 01-11-2021, 11:43 AM

Thanked 1,566 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64G-lark View Post
So I have stared at this and stared and this over and over. I put a seat in my car and looked at my wiring and noticed that when my left foot is
resting (road trip) it would actually lay right on top of the harness. So I moved all my wire to the side to keep them out of harms way. I have also
consider putting a dead pedal with some dimple die holes on the left to rest my foot. I will try to find a picture of what I am talking about. You
also have to remember we use our left foot to push ourselves back in the seat when when we are driving spiritly off the race track.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale

Last edited by syborg tt; 01-11-2021 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-29-2021, 08:55 PM

214 Chevy and ScotI thanks for the compliments.

Marty, The wires are stretched out down and across the floor of the car at the moment. Once I get them correctly routed the will come out the fuse panel and loop up and over to the dash area with the exception of a few going to the rear of the car. I have actually contemplated flipping the fuse box so they come out the top.

I finished up the pulleys and the serpentine belt.

Then it was time to test fit the core support and mock up the front end. It’s still in primer until i see what other mods will be needed. It will all come back a part a few more times yet. Took several attempts of shimming the fender supports to get the spacing close. I have been test fitting the radiator and figuring out a mounting strategy. The original radiators bolted directly to the core support with no form of isolation or vibration control. I want to come up with a better solution. If anyone has some mounting options to share I would like to see them.

Last edited by 64G-lark; 08-19-2021 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-30-2021, 08:39 AM

What about a simple cradle support for the radiator? GM used this design on later builds for many cars. I'm sure you could find brackets from other models you could integrate. Try Corvette since it used narrow straps on top and not a full width cover. Going this route will help with finding isolators that fit the brackets. Hopefully, it'll fit the radiator too.

Keep up the good work

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 02-05-2021, 06:58 PM

Attached are a couple of photos of what Stielow used to mount the radiator on one of his recent builds, incorporating rubber isolators on top and bottom. I saw this after we had already fabricated mounts for mine; otherwise, would have tried to do something like this. The bottom of mine sits on rubber pads on the core support mount and the top sides are bolted to the core support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2021, 07:36 PM

Attached are a couple of photos of what Stielow used to mount the radiator on one of his recent builds, incorporating rubber isolators on top and bottom. I saw this after we had already fabricated mounts for mine; otherwise, would have tried to do something like this. The bottom of mine sits on rubber pads on the core support mount and the top sides are bolted to the core support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2021, 11:09 AM

Thanks Brian, I like the mounting ideas. Your car is approaching the finish line and looks great.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:03 PM

I have been sidelined with other things lately, but managed to get back to radiator mounting and core support modifications. I fabbed up some lower radiator mounts that bolt to the core support. I used riv. nuts to create the mounting threads. I cut a triangular opening on the left side to create a opening for the air intake. The area to the left of the radiator opening poised some issues due to the recesses and the way the sheet metal was formed. I wanted to use this area to mount the remote power steering reservoir. I decided to cut it out and make the panel flat, but have plans to further modify it to make more room.

The Following User Says Thank You to 64G-lark For This Useful Post:
camcojb (02-27-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 08:23 PM

Put in a little more time on the core support today. I created a recessed area to accommodate the remote power steering reservoir.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 64G-lark For This Useful Post:
camcojb (03-08-2021), waynieZ (03-20-2021)