Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Old 03-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Lateral-G Supporting Vendor

IMO, these tires have one important place in the aftermarket. Specifically modernizing Pro Street Cars with severely narrowed rearends and big wheel tubs that would be too much work to simply redo everything to accomodate a 10 or 12" wide wheel but if you aren't redoing an old pro street car, I'd save the money and do a normal tire and wheel package. Off the shelf wheels and tires are available in so many widths and diameters short of full pro street size, it's not worth it to go crazy with that kind of width and diameter. Same goes for the scrawny little front runner widths on an 18" wheel that you plan to drive on. Anybody ever experienced understeer? Those will bring a new meaning to it!
I'm not conservative when it comes to wheel diameter but unless you need a 31"+ tire to make an already tubbed car sit right, I'd stick with BFGs and Michelins.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:24 PM

i think they will bring pro street back,pro touring nice,but i like pro street too.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:49 PM

Default Rocketman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman
i think they will bring pro street back,pro touring nice,but i like pro street too.
Thanks Rocketman for the link to evod, they look better than I expected. Personally I still really like the skinny 4.5" - 6.0" skinny in the front dispite the handling issues. Being a former Pro-streeter I would like to see it make a come back in a more high tech way. One car that on a personal level really caught my attention was the blue Mustang(67 or 68) that Foose had re-built for a handicap guy on Overhaulin . It was a prostreet car and they converted it to a more high tech Pro Streeter(ended up black and silver). That was probablly one of my favorite cars that they worked on Overhaulin. On the link to evod I really liked the M/T Wheel on the right, must be the hatchet, I would like to look into that a little further. I also liked the combo above it with the sinny, that looks great!! Thanks.
Dave
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2006, 05:05 PM

well set-up,the car is pro/street-strip car,the cars a 7's street car.has been 6's with the old motor i had,it's a pg gas set up know.and i drive it on the street,they handle good,in the rain there not bad.i'm going to run hatchets on mine.shaun's a very knowledgable guy(he own's evod) all his wheels are 1 piece,very high quailty.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by promax/vennom#16
Thanks Rocketman for the link to evod, they look better than I expected. Personally I still really like the skinny 4.5" - 6.0" skinny in the front dispite the handling issues. Being a former Pro-streeter I would like to see it make a come back in a more high tech way. One car that on a personal level really caught my attention was the blue Mustang(67 or 68) that Foose had re-built for a handicap guy on Overhaulin . It was a prostreet car and they converted it to a more high tech Pro Streeter(ended up black and silver). That was probablly one of my favorite cars that they worked on Overhaulin. On the link to evod I really liked the M/T Wheel on the right, must be the hatchet, I would like to look into that a little further. I also liked the combo above it with the sinny, that looks great!! Thanks.
Dave
i'm not sure what kinda car that is,but's real nice,looks good.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:13 PM

Default Fairlane

It's a 1962 Ford Fairlane/ 351W/500hp. I sold it last Dec. to a guy in Cleveland Ohio. I had the car 15yrs.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:21 PM

We have so far built quite a number of 20X15 and 18X15" two piece wheels to accomadate these tires. And customer feed back has been very positive. As mentioned above, we have had customers who have matched the rear M/T tire to a front BFG KDW 2 tire. We have also had customers use our 18X7 for M/T fronts.

As expected, the hardest part is accomodating the Pro Street Car that is undergoing a reconstruction and for the guy who wants a 20X15 with a 4" backspace. It's possible, but it will take us time to custom make the outer.

Idealy, we prefer to make a 15" wide wheel with something closer to a 0 offset (down the middle). However, we are making it both ways.

We are looking forward to seeing some of our wheels on these cars this next show season. Look around your next Good Guys car show, you might see a few.

For any questions, please feel free to call us, 714-892-1932

Jon
Old 03-20-2006, 05:05 PM

budnik,i called you guys and that was a diffculty,we talked about,a 4 off wheel,and a 18x5 front.plus a wanted a smoot lip,but i dont remember why that was a problem,you guys were very help,when i called out there,will keep budnik in mind for future projects
Old 03-20-2006, 08:48 PM

Default Mickey Front Tires

They are available in 18" wheel 6,8,10" wide.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSting
They are available in 18" wheel 6,8,10" wide.
Shaun are the 31x15's available yet