Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 01-22-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkelcy View Post
That's bureaucrat for "the check's in the mail." The principal is either incompetent or uncaring. Either way, you won't get instant action. You'll get a lot more attention with a complaint or even just a letter from a lawyer - on Monday.
Monday will tell me a lot about how they are going to handle this. And it will give me the answers I need to make the next step. Next on the list is my lawyer (already spoken to him today), the police and the district.

I thought about the media. How funny would it be to show up with a news crew on a live feed asking why they let this continue.....

Ok, I would not do that. But the thought is fun!

1970 Camaro.....on the road someday!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autokraft View Post
Check out this thread
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=205263
Hope you get it all worked out.
I tried getting on this but it would not load. I will try it later, but thanks again for the link.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:09 PM

Default questions

Ok

take a picture of what happened to your sons face if visible ...#1

Your doing a great job handling this ..
I have found if i demand certain things from people sometimes they dont respond the way i want but if i pose it in a question in which they have to tell me what they need to do about something ..IT REGISTERS IN THIER HEAD...Once they say what they need to do or will do then OWNERSHIP of the issue is in thier court..
I would not tell the "whomever" to do anything or else anymore.YOUVE DONE IT..
I would question that person as to what they think should be done. Turn THE PROBLEM ON THEM IN QUESTION FORM....if you tell them its happened x # times.which you have ..
Your wanting someone to tell you "WHAT THEY WILL DO OR what THEY THINK SHOULD BE DONE ABOUT IT. dont say a word until they answer your question.Even if they stall or dont say anything for 5 minutes.Make the DAMN GUY THINK .Then when they give you the answer tell them "ok so you will call me and tell me when this has been done correct" ?
If you get one more chicken SHIZZ answer..LAY THE SMACK DOWN
I WOULD SERVE THEM PAPERS..make a STATEMENT..

AND JUST BE CALM AND FIRM..business like...
GOOD LUCK..

TOM

Last edited by radrambler; 01-22-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs View Post
Monday will tell me a lot about how they are going to handle this. And it will give me the answers I need to make the next step. Next on the list is my lawyer (already spoken to him today), the police and the district.

I thought about the media. How funny would it be to show up with a news crew on a live feed asking why they let this continue.....

Ok, I would not do that. But the thought is fun!
Ask, in writing (email, hand delivered letter), if you can attend the portion of the staff meeting dealing with this situation. Whether or not you get to attend, give them a clear written demand - you want the other kid transferred out of your son's class no later than Tuesday. If the kid's not transferred, lawyer up. Do it all in writing, just so there's no dispute about what occurred. It's up to you to escalate this so they can't just shrug it off.

For me, when my kid is at risk, it's not a time to be nice or patient, it's a time to kick ass and take names.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Ask, in writing (email, hand delivered letter), if you can attend the portion of the staff meeting dealing with this situation. Whether or not you get to attend, give them a clear written demand - you want the other kid transferred out of your son's class no later than Tuesday. If the kid's not transferred, lawyer up. Do it all in writing, just so there's no dispute about what occurred. It's up to you to escalate this so they can't just shrug it off.

For me, when my kid is at risk, it's not a time to be nice or patient, it's a time to kick ass and take names.
Agreed. Monday is the deadline for change. I have asked that they remove the kid. And told them if they do not that it will become a legal issue. I told this to the principal, teacher and district head. I will put it in writing and hand it to them on Monday. Thanks for the advice.
I am being "nice" by that I mean acting in a professional manner and not running around like a whack job making threats. They know I am serious. I made that clear. I also made it clear to them all that my sons saftey and well being are not something I will make any kind of compromise on. Ever.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:41 PM

If I do not have the results I want on Monday morning I will go pay the retention fee with the atty. They will be served by Tuesday.

Thanks for all of the advice and input guys. That is why I put it out here, hearing from others always helps.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
I am being "nice" by that I mean acting in a professional manner and not running around like a whack job making threats. They know I am serious. I made that clear. I also made it clear to them all that my sons saftey and well being are not something I will make any kind of compromise on. Ever.
Agreed, you want to be calm, clear and deadly serious.

Sounds like you've got it handled, but remember put everything in writing. If you have a call, confirm what was said in a letter (and, of course, keep a copy).

It's all about the documented record. It's a crappy way to have to be, but hopefully it's only for a short period.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Agreed, you want to be calm, clear and deadly serious.

Sounds like you've got it handled, but remember put everything in writing. If you have a call, confirm what was said in a letter (and, of course, keep a copy).

It's all about the documented record. It's a crappy way to have to be, but hopefully it's only for a short period.
Thanks Mike,
I have everything documented right up to today. Including the conversation with the officials at the district office this evening. Names, dates, events, actions or lack of.....all of it. Ten years ago I would have already beat someone. Amazing what a few years will do to mellow a guy out huh?
I can take a lot of crap, but someone messing with or even worse hurting my kid is not something I will deal with on any level.

Thanks again guys!

Old 01-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Thanks Mike,
I have everything documented right up to today. Including the conversation with the officials at the district office this evening. Names, dates, events, actions or lack of.....all of it. Ten years ago I would have already beat someone. Amazing what a few years will do to mellow a guy out huh?
I can take a lot of crap, but someone messing with or even worse hurting my kid is not something I will deal with on any level.

Thanks again guys!
Just to be perfectly clear, a letter setting out your version of an event (e.g., confirming what was said in a telephone call) and sent to the other party is MUCH better than simply taking notes. If the other party disputes your version of events, the letter creates a burden on them to either respond or, implicitly, to accept what you said.

Now that you're getting to the short stokes, send letters (if you haven't been doing so all along).
Old 01-22-2010, 10:23 PM

You and your son are handling this situation the right way. A couple of thoughts on the letter. If you hand deliver the letter on Monday, you might want to follow up with it a certified letter through the mail directly to the principal. That way there is no doubt it was received and it won't turn into a he said/she said situation. You may also want to get in touch with your states child protective services. Many times children acting out like this is a reflection of a poor home inviornment. Even if they can't help at the moment, get the name of the person you speak to with CPS and use that as some leverage when you have your meeting with the school. Make sure you document everything in the order in which it has happened.