Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 02-08-2010, 11:57 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. Greg is right. When we put our dog down I said no more dogs too tuff to loose them. My wife works nights and when I was alone in the house I felt like I was in the woods by my self. I missed her so much. Got a puppy turned out to be Physco dog ! Now shes glued to my side.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:35 PM

I know how you feel man...my bestest buddy Luke passed away a little over a year ago. He had been suffering from kidney failure for months past when they said he shoudl have been dead. The one day we made the decision that enough was enough for him...he was in such bad shape...

He passed away in the car in my arms before we ever got there...I haven't cried that hard in a long long time, but I couldn't have asked for it to end any other way.

My fiancee got my stuck on cats now...yea yea I know...but they act like dogs so its cool...but my parents got another dog and he is a total ham...completely nuts!

Here's a pic of my little man, Luke...

My advice, get another one...it doesn't replace them, but makes starting another chapter in your life alittle easier.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditDave View Post
I know how you feel man...my bestest buddy Luke passed away a little over a year ago. He had been suffering from kidney failure for months past when they said he shoudl have been dead. The one day we made the decision that enough was enough for him...he was in such bad shape...

He passed away in the car in my arms before we ever got there...I haven't cried that hard in a long long time, but I couldn't have asked for it to end any other way.

My fiancee got my stuck on cats now...yea yea I know...but they act like dogs so its cool...but my parents got another dog and he is a total ham...completely nuts!

Here's a pic of my little man, Luke...

My advice, get another one...it doesn't replace them, but makes starting another chapter in your life alittle easier.
Man, that's tough!!! I've had to put down a lot of dogs and it REALLY SUCKS!!! It is really tough because they become part of your lives.
You are right about getting another though. It doesn't replace them, but it helps.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:02 PM

If you can, rescue one.

The love is the same, but knowing you saved one (instead of going to a breeder or whatever) makes it feel a little different.

We wanted a Beagle, so we went through the rescue network and found one. He was in really rough shape- was in training to be a rabbit hunter, but that wasn't going too well, so they'd planned to just shoot him (in a pack of 30 or more dogs, one is no great loss, especially if he's a goofball). When we got him he was underweight, scared of everything, and had a tapeworm.

Now, 5 yrs later, he's the coolest! Healthy, happy, and content. We even rescued another one (similar story) so he'd have a playmate. They are both doing great.

Then we saw this one: http://www.brewbeagles.org/site/comp...,976/Itemid,0/

Cooper- a young 1.5 yr-old dog that had been badly abused, hit by a train, and punched or kicked in the face so hard his snout was crooked. We almost had to have him, but someone else stepped up and adopted him already, so the story should have a happy ending.

Raising a pup is cool, but rescuing a dog in need is extra cool!

I sympathize with your loss, and you know you did all you could to give her a healthy, happy life filled with love, without any major stress, needs, or pain. That's as much as any dog owner can possibly offer, and knowing you can offer the same great life to another dog is the best way to remember your pup who has passed on.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Supporting Vendor

RecoveryRoomInteriors.com

We have always saved any animal I have had,I think they know when you save there life.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:55 PM

I feel your pain. I had my dog, Kaylie, for 14 years. It was one of the hardest days of my life when we had to put her down. Of course a 14 year old Rottweiler is not the norm. I was her best friend and she never left my side when I was at home. It really pissed the wife off when she would call Kaylie and Kaylie would not move an inch. B.D.E (Best Dog Ever)