Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 03-26-2005, 09:55 PM

Default My 1969 Chevelle

Well, the weather was nice out today and I had just cleaned about 1500 miles of dust off the outside, underside, and under the hood, so I thought I should take some new pictures of my POS for you guys.

Old 03-26-2005, 09:56 PM

Quick summary:

-353 with 4340 knife edged crank, 6" Manley H-beams, heavily worked 200cc Dart Pro-1 heads with inconel exhaust valves and titanium keepers/retainers, Dart stud girdles, custom hydraulic roller cam for supercharger (.540"/.580", 242/254 @ .050, 114 LSA), JE ceramic & teflon coated 9.25:1 pistons, etc.
-ATI P1-SC-H Procharger, makes about 15.5 psi @ 6700 rpm
-Custom EFI intake by SD Concept Engineering, the lower half is a extrude honed holley stealth ram, the upper is sheetmetal with 5" extended hilborn style bellmouth ram-tubes inside the plenum box, 75mm BBK throttle body, kinsler remote IAC, carbon fiber lid by me.
-Be-cool radiator and twin spal fans
-Vintage air
-Custom blower to throttle body aluminum tubing, cold air intake, serpentine conversion of ATI accessory brackets, custom power steering bracket by me
-FAST bank to bank wideband EFI, currently using 55 lb/hr injectors and maxing them at 5500 rpm, 75 lb/hr pieces are on the way.
-Progressive water injection by Julio Don (trick!)
-SX fuel pump, regulator, and filter with a Kenne Bell volt booster which bumps the fuel pump up to 16.25 volts at 3psi of boost or higher
-TKO 5 speed, McLeod scattershield, Weber dual performance clutch and 25 lb billet flywheel, 4" aluminum driveline, 12-bolt with Superior axles, 3.42 gears and a 400# Eaton Posi
-American racing 17x8" TTII Classics with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S in 255/45/17 all the way around
-Fast ratio steering box with Flaming River stainless slipshaft and stainless u-joints (thinking of upgrading to a new style box from DSE)
-Global West tubular upper/lower control arms up front with their semi-comp springs, 1.25" sway bar, 13" Baers with 2-piece rotors on B-body spindles
-Global West TBC-4 lowers and Edelbrock uppers out back with Global West Semi-comp springs, 12" Baers with 2-piece rotors
-Hydroboost by Hydratech (Thanks Paul!)
-Interior has stock buckets, stock console, some autometer gauges, autometer LED shift light hidden where the long-dead factory clocked used to live, and a Momo steering wheel.
-Holes in bottom of front fenders by rust, faded paint by crappy body shop and harsh California central valley sun.

This was/is my first car; I've had it for 8 years now and have wanted to paint it since day one. I'm planning to pull it apart for paint at the end of this summer. I'm planning to shave the rocker panel molding, header and trunk emblems, Malibu quarter panel emblems for a cleaner look, and I'll remove the external antenna for an internal one. I have an original SS hood for the car (twin bulge) that will be going on. I'm planning on either Porsche Seal Gray Metallic or Subaru Crystal Gray with black Yenko "hockey stick" side stripes minus the Yenko lettering. Wheels will probably change to HRE 547 or Kinesis K18 with polished hoops and bolts with black centers; I think the black centers will look really good with the black sidestripe. The interior will be getting either Recaro or Sparco seats up front and maybe a 6-point cage. I'm also going to swap under an El Camino frame (fully boxed) with a 3-link by me out back. Plans are still undecided for the front suspension at this time, but my motivations are to improve on bump steer, scrub radius, and roll center over the current B-body spindle setup.

No dyno numbers yet as I need the new fuel injectors, but it should be in the neighboorhood of 650rwhp.

Special thanks to Jody for being a bad influence and making me spend a lot of money over the last 2 years on the Procharger and EFI.

Troy

Last edited by Blown353; 04-10-2005 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:16 AM

That's a sweet A body you have there! If and when you plan on painting it i am sure it will look awesome!
Old 03-27-2005, 11:55 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Troy,that's a pretty nice POS!
Old 03-27-2005, 12:00 PM

Troy, that's one heck of a killer combo you've got there. I'm really diggin' that induction set-up, man!
Old 03-27-2005, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny51
Troy,that's a pretty nice POS!
LOL, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldzzy
That's a sweet A body you have there! If and when you plan on painting it i am sure it will look awesome!
I almost don't want to paint it; I like the faded paint and splotchyness for the sleeper factor, and also because I have one less car I have to wax and maintain. I pull into local carshows the way it is now and unless people hear it driving in it gets ignored until I open the hood. Pretty soon there's one person standing around with their jaw on the ground, then two people, then three... you get the picture. Last year at at the end-of-seasons local shows I arrived late just before judging ended but still managed to take best muscle car, best engine, and the "Bad to the Bone" award even though IMO there were at least 10 other cars far better than mine.

I really have to paint it though, as I can feel surface rust under the vinyl top in a few spots. None of it is through the sheetmetal as I can inspect the underside from the trunk, but I don't want it getting worse than it is now. I'm really liking the idea of Yenko side stripes because they're not often seen and fairly low key. I don't want it super flashy, although for a while I did consider two-tone silver/red, red/black, or silver/black. I have to match the underhood demeanor, which is zero "bling" but all-business but very well coordinated. The only things shiny under the hood right now are the throttle body (came that way) and the March crank and water pump pulleys, only because I couldn't get them in black. I need to re-powdercoat them black and scotchbrite the throttle body.

Less shiny stuff to polish is more time I can be out on the road having fun with it.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Awesome car!

My LS7 69 Camaro
Old 03-28-2005, 01:48 AM

Wow.....intake is kick ass! What a well thought our car...too bad you have to paint it!
Old 04-07-2005, 02:31 PM

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

My new flowmatched 75 lb/hr injectors finally arrived yesterday from the Great White North (ordered from Racetronix up in Canada.) Hoping to have time to get them installed this weekend, so I can finally run it up to max RPM without going lean and finish the tune off. Then it's off to a chassis dyno.

Troy
Old 04-07-2005, 11:03 PM

Troy,how soon will you be upgrading the wheels and steering box?