Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 06-06-2010, 10:19 PM

Question Complete Bushing Kits

Hey I am hoping to replace the bushings in car this month. The suspension bushings, motor, tranny, and body bushings are possibly older than I am haha. I have already found Solid body bushings since I will using a weld on subframe connector but I would like to know what some of you would reccommend for an entire bushing overhaul. Ive been looking at PST but if anyone has any experience with that company or anything else it would be appreciated. I need to replace all the bushings in the front and rear suspension, tranny mounts and engine mounts. Thanks guys!

Dave
400HP / 460lbs of Torque
DSE Subframe Connectors
Polygraphite Bushings
Old 06-07-2010, 12:33 PM

Default Prothane Bushing Kit

Prothane makes a nice complete kit...
V/R,
Ty
Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST
Old 06-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Supporting Vendor

don't waist your money on poly bushings, in the control arms use new rubber or step up to Delrin for performance use, only use poly for the sway bar bushings and you also can use them in the rear shackles, never in the front leaf bushing, as for the leaf spring pads I also would use rubber under high loads poly pads can cause the rear end to walk.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:36 PM

I was leaning away from rubber due to the weight of my engine and the occasional track use. Ive heard that Delrin is great for the track but can be overkill on the streets. Have you used it? And how is its street manner? Thanks
400HP / 460lbs of Torque
DSE Subframe Connectors
Polygraphite Bushings
Old 06-12-2010, 11:19 PM

I have Del-A-Lum lower control arm bushings in my car, they are one of the best kits out there, and not harsh at all. I have the PTFB upper control arms too. The ride quality has more to do with the springs, shocks, and tires than bushings. If you dont have the money for aftermarket arms or solid bushings, id keep what you have and save up until you do.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:03 AM

i have solid bodymounts, boxed frame and delrin bushings and im very happy with the ride (im running 40 profile tires btw..)

its about the same feel as my moms honda, controlled but not harsh... and i agree with the above, either delrin or high durometer rubber.. poly squaeks!

i actually swapped to PRC light weight upper controll arms wich have steel on steel bushings.. and im still happy

Last edited by deuce_454; 06-14-2010 at 09:06 AM.