Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 08-24-2010, 11:44 AM

So Sun am I found a issue and the rear axle housing has to go back. I am out of the game for driving the car to Good Guys this weekend

I will post pics of what the problem was as soon as I catch up with work.

YouTube & Chevelle pics - Instagram @nick.v70 & @ChevelleFactory
Old 09-01-2010, 12:19 PM

Well I got the first kit they said and they did all the test fits but I added a Fab9 with back brace and the coil over spring contacted the axle back brace just enough to call it not drivable. They are cool guys over there and already have the housing back and are changing the brace to clear. Just one of those things with too many options not working together but not the end of the world. I should have it back in another week and going to put her together.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Sorry to hear your not making it to GGs. At least you know it will be right when you done.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:12 PM

that rear is killer.when money allows i want the same
Old 09-15-2010, 09:44 PM

Been really busy with work but they called and said it's all figured out and fixed and they also finished the new sway bar I was waiting on but the owner wanted (asked) to use my axle to have powder coated and take pics all together for there catalog and on line pics, I didn't need it back so I said it was cool. Maybe get it next week depending on how things look and then install and take new pics.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:10 PM

Hey I heard that the guys from Chassisworks still got you into the GG show for free even though your car wasn't ready. That's a kick ass salesman for sure.
You should know as good as anyone, it's always better to hold off and do it the way you want to, the first time. Now you're getting the killer sway bar installed that you really wanted, plus it'll all be powdercoated and assembled when you get it.

Keep us posted on your build progress, especially with that body style getting ever more popular each day, I'm sure the list of followers will increase. I'm sure some of on here, hint hint, will want to go for a ride when you get it all finished up.

Catch ya later

" You can find me West bound with the hammer down ! "
Old 09-28-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontrol Phreaks View Post
Hey I heard that the guys from Chassisworks still got you into the GG show for free even though your car wasn't ready. That's a kick ass salesman for sure.
You should know as good as anyone, it's always better to hold off and do it the way you want to, the first time. Now you're getting the killer sway bar installed that you really wanted, plus it'll all be powdercoated and assembled when you get it.

Keep us posted on your build progress, especially with that body style getting ever more popular each day, I'm sure the list of followers will increase. I'm sure some of on here, hint hint, will want to go for a ride when you get it all finished up.

Catch ya later

Oh man it's the world famous Sic Clint !! Whats up buddy, yea thank you for getting me into the show on the KP/Chassis Works dime And yes that was awesome for you guys to powder coat it all now that the sway bar is done. I will be posting pics of it all. Just waiting for the new front end to show up and then we are going to push it over on the lift and have some fun.

Want to come over and help...your not far away.. You can bring your side kick and we will drink beer and have him work on the car..

Old 09-29-2010, 01:30 AM

Very cool of them for sure.

You got a nice arsenal of parts there for sure Nick.

Let me know if I can help out with anything if you need an extra unskilled hand.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 09-29-2010, 09:57 AM

Thanks Dave. What are you looking like this weekend? Mufflers and hang so Carbon Fiber parts on the Chevelle

Old 09-29-2010, 10:13 AM

Nice parts Nick, I'd be happy to lend a hand as well.