Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > LSX Conversions
User Name
Password

Old 05-05-2019, 01:00 AM

Default Gen V swaps into 1st gen info?

Hey all,

im trying it figure out where is more info on this swap? I got a LT4 and 6 speed and harness for a wrecked Camaro Zl1, but I can't find much swap info. Any help will be appreciated

Divorced with 2 boys, so its a slow progress, but its progress
Old 05-05-2019, 01:42 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Have you looked in the conversions and hybrids section over at LS1Tech.com?
Full of DSE and Holley parts
Old 05-16-2019, 06:53 PM

Not too much to it. Your sig shows you have a LS swap camaro, basically the same thing. Fueling is a little different depending on what system you use and all swap parts are available. Gather swap parts for LT based setups, not LS swap parts, most are not compatible.

I have a build going on with a L86 that might shed some light. https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56940
Old 05-20-2019, 03:51 PM

Holley has swap parts fr LT.

https://www.holley.com/products/engi...ap_components/
Old 06-01-2019, 11:02 AM

Not a camaro but I'm swapping my LS for an LT1 in my Chevelle at the moment. I had previously used all Hooker stuff for motor mounts and front accessory drive, so by buying a couple extra adapters I'm just reusing all that old stuff. So for a few hundred bucks (with change to save more via ebay when they do ebay bucks promos) that part is handled. If you are starting from scratch then Drive Junky (sp) or just getting Holley/Hooker LS stuff would be pretty painless.

L86 stock exhaust apparently fit Chevelles, but not Camaros to my knowledge. Looks like Speed Engineering offer decent fitment apparently but obviously not top-quality materials (I had their LS version for a few weeks while I waited on Hookers to come in), or Muscle Rods which are supposedly better quality but at 5-6 times the price.

For fuel I'm reusing my Ricks tank with ZL1 pump and Vaporworx PWM controller. Aeromotive 15121 fitting to get the additional fuel pressure reading.
Harness from PSI, cost $700 something, then a bit more for an e92 pcm and pedal. Reworking old harness was not something I cared to spend time on.

My primary issue at this point, that doesn't seem as though it will apply to you, is finding a clutch, but I'm slowly convincing myself to just get the Monster twin disc next time it goes on sale.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:00 AM

What are the challenges for an LT compared to an LS? Ive been thinking LS so much I have not even thought about LT!
Old 02-10-2020, 10:27 PM

Only two major challanges I'd say. First is fitting the trans and a correct trans crossmember depending on what you go with. This is the same issue with the LS stuff too kind of. 8 and 10 speeds require the tunnel to be raised (if its going in your 68). Second is the price of the dirvetrain itself. The motors and all are more than the LS stuff if you buy them new. Pullouts are cheaper than LS stuff though for some reason.

Heres a link to my 68 with a 6.2/10l80
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-v-swap-7.html
Old 02-20-2020, 09:09 PM

Things I ran into before buying an LS was dont the LTs use electric power steering? Also do the LTs use the same fuel pump as the LSA with no return line? I am doing a LSA and it has no return. Gets pricey getting a Ricks tank and electronic controller. I figured out the LSA out of a ZL1 had electric power steering too, after I bought it lol
Old 01-29-2021, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonz28camaro View Post
Only two major challanges I'd say. First is fitting the trans and a correct trans crossmember depending on what you go with. This is the same issue with the LS stuff too kind of. 8 and 10 speeds require the tunnel to be raised (if its going in your 68). Second is the price of the dirvetrain itself. The motors and all are more than the LS stuff if you buy them new. Pullouts are cheaper than LS stuff though for some reason.

Heres a link to my 68 with a 6.2/10l80
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-v-swap-7.html
I'm debating between the 2 choices also - with a manual / 6 speed does the tunnel need modified on both LS and LT4 engines or is it just LT4s?