Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 01-23-2022, 09:34 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
No I’m not, but I am trying to understand them better. That’s some next level insanity

As I mentioned earlier I got in on the drop for the Loaded Lions PFP. That was my first ever and I am holding to see what happens with them. Rumor has it the super bowl commercial is going to have them in it. I am not really into gaming so that hasn't been big for me yet.

Which exchange are you using to buy currencies?
Old 01-24-2022, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLexusTech View Post
We're e also in for a Bear market.. many are suggesting a 20% drop in the major Indexes as we drive through Midterm elections, covid recovery and inflation.

Buckle up everyone.
Well then that was fortuitous
Old 01-25-2022, 08:18 AM

Thumbs up

Great advice! Perfect time to buy when it's getting crushed. When the stock market "recovers" these assets will also I think. Just wait until the decision tomorrow we're going to get crushed probably another bad day. I've got the harness and cage because we might be rolling. I'm looking years ahead and trying to invest in the infrastructure of the ecosystem. Risky business no doubt, who knows?
Old 01-27-2022, 08:46 AM

I haven't seen anything here that gives me enough clarity to even consider Crypto as a personal investment. I'm not saying it's not valid, it's just too tricky for me to risk my money.

The dow has nearly doubled in 6 years and quadrupled in 12. Has the economy really grown on that scale? I find that very hard to believe.
dhutton (01-27-2022), redfire69 (02-04-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
I haven't seen anything here that gives me enough clarity to even consider Crypto as a personal investment. I'm not saying it's not valid, it's just too tricky for me to risk my money.

The dow has nearly doubled in 6 years and quadrupled in 12. Has the economy really grown on that scale? I find that very hard to believe.
I give you that it does sound tricky. Actually I have had some hiccups learning about how different tools work. The best bet I think is to download one of the apps I recommended on page 1 and look at the resources to help understand more. Free crypto for watch .30 second videos. Lots of different currencies will give a little away if you will watch the video. These can be found on the Coinbase and Crypto.com apps. I can't begin to teach you in much depth. I'm new also.

Expect all the normal information needed to open a bank account to get a crypto account.

Last edited by AMSOILGUY; 01-28-2022 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-03-2022, 06:55 AM

I got into bitcoin about 15 years or so ago, it was around $500 apiece then, and I purchased a few thousand bucks worth. I used blockchain and it was easy to buy and sell then, just like any website that you buy and sell stocks. How I look at this market is the coins are just stocks with nothing backing it except public demand. More demand and the price goes up.

I sold my bitcoin when it made the news that it was up to $25k apiece, I thought that was going to be the top of the market so I got out. I had actually forgot that I purchased them years prior. What ended up being a shock was how much of a pain it was to sell them in the current market. New laws and such, the old program I had wouldnt actually let me sell them under current Iowa laws. I had to transfer all my coins over to a buddy that still dabbles in the stuff and has a current program and he sold them for me. I made a pretty penny from them but I was in this market way early. Not sure I would get into it today with all the new versions of coins coming and going.

That being said I dont think coins are going to disappear anytime soon. I think the younger generations really embrace it just like teslas are their "muscle" cars of today.

96 Corvette
91 V8 S10
88 Olds Cutlass
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silvermonte For This Useful Post:
AMSOILGUY (02-03-2022), colorado80439 (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 07:53 PM

Thats an awesome story. Wow 500 dollar Bitcoin. Now you could have held that Bitcoin and earned good interest. The demand is rising. Countries are adopting it as currency. I agree the new coins are risky as all get up. But you can still buy Bitcoin and hold it. Are you going to get back in?
Old 02-03-2022, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSOILGUY View Post
I agree the new coins are risky as all get up. But you can still buy Bitcoin and hold it. Are you going to get back in?
Its very unlikely I will get back in. I made my money and cant complain. I looked at it as a cheap hail mary investment/gamble when I purchased bitcoins years ago. I figured what is a few grand in the big picture, with that idea the large gains in bitcoin like what I previous had are long past.

Even if bitcoin was to hit 1 million apiece thats a 20 fold profit from current prices, while not bad I wouldnt want to roll the dice it. I have more secure places I would invest my money. If I was to get back it with would be with the doge coin or what ever its called, throw $1000 at it and wait a decade.

I have not looked much into the newer coins buy they seem to have a lot of gimicks to get you to invest in them and then a month later they disappear and who ever was holding all the cash made off like a bandit. I think that is also what scares most people away from this form of currency.

96 Corvette
91 V8 S10
88 Olds Cutlass
The Following User Says Thank You to silvermonte For This Useful Post:
AMSOILGUY (02-04-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 11:07 AM

Sounds like you had a wallet/holding problem that made things difficult to withdraw. The ease of access is one of my favorite attributes crypto.
Unlike my shares, having to wait for markets to open, and then clearing into my bank account, if I sell any crypto, it’s in my account in minutes, and if I see something worth buying or the market drops like it did last week I can payid/Osko to my wallet(binance(not US)) instantaneously and buy.
You’re dead right in avoiding those gimmicky cryptos that come and go however.
Bitcoin and key players stick around however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to slimjim For This Useful Post:
AMSOILGUY (02-05-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
Sounds like you had a wallet/holding problem that made things difficult to withdraw. The ease of access is one of my favorite attributes crypto.
Unlike my shares, having to wait for markets to open, and then clearing into my bank account, if I sell any crypto, it’s in my account in minutes, and if I see something worth buying or the market drops like it did last week I can payid/Osko to my wallet(binance(not US)) instantaneously and buy.
You’re dead right in avoiding those gimmicky cryptos that come and go however.
Bitcoin and key players stick around however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you get a crypto card with Binance? Thats my favorite perk from the exchange. I get 3% back on all purchases in CRO token. What do you get?