Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Artwork and Collectibles
User Name
Password

Old 09-06-2007, 09:37 AM

I sure am glad you got in on this Brian. I think if there are any new artists reading, they're getting some great help and I'm getting answers to all sorts of questions. Thanks to everyone and I hope even more of the "big wigs" chime in soon. With any luck, prospective clients will read through this too and see how fair and professional everyone is here and maybe realize that everyone has to start somewhere.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:25 PM

Not sure how many of you guys are going to be at SEMA but would those that are like to get together out there?
"The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up."
Old 09-06-2007, 04:48 PM

Yeah, I tried to initiate something last year but everyone seemed to have conflicting schedules. I met a lot of the others though just walking around and/or checking in via cell phone anyway. It was awesome talking "shop" with everyone and I look forward to seeing everyone again this year if possible.

Hermance Design
My Facebook
Old 09-06-2007, 05:14 PM

I really wish I could go, but it doesn't look like my schedule will allow it at this time. I would love to meet some of you guys.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:54 PM

I am up for any type of meeting of the artist/designer minds! I will be working the days so nights are better for me but I can try to make a day meeting. Looking forward to seeing that mustang Ben.

Carter
Old 09-06-2007, 08:25 PM

Thanks for all the info guys it definetly helps me out.

I have couple general questions.

What size do you normally send your client the final rendering.

When you save the file and send it as a jpeg do you save it as an RGB or CMYK.

[SIGPIC]https://lateral-g.net/forums/image.php4?type=sigpic&userid=4368&dateline=121287 1168[/SIGPIC]
RENDERING GALLERY!!
Old 09-06-2007, 09:09 PM

You and me both Carter, I'm dying to see this thing finished. Are you working at the HOK booth again? I'll be sure to drop by to give you a hard time! I'll probably be using the Nemesis Motorsports booth as a home base but spending most of my time walking around.

Z- I bought an Epson that prints up to 13" wide so I can do 11X17. If a client asks for larger, I charge them for the print that I outsource.

I always work in RGB, save jpgs for email proofs and print out as PSD

Hermance Design
My Facebook
Old 09-10-2007, 06:37 AM

Since this is the place to ask questions, I was wondering what type of equipment (hard & software) everyone uses. I would really like to start doing computer renderings, but I hear different stories on what I should get from different people. So, what do you guys use? I use the the old fashioned marker, pastel & colored pencils.

Thanks in advance for your replies. Also, thanks for starting this topic.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlomaka
Since this is the place to ask questions, I was wondering what type of equipment (hard & software) everyone uses. I would really like to start doing computer renderings, but I hear different stories on what I should get from different people. So, what do you guys use? I use the the old fashioned marker, pastel & colored pencils.

Thanks in advance for your replies. Also, thanks for starting this topic.
I use Adobe Illustrator and I wish I was good with markers cause I seriously think I might change or at least do half and half. You can kinda sorta duplicate the marker look with Illustrator but you probably can with something like Photoshop or Corel Paint just as well I suppose, since they both have "marker" brushes, I think. All the different digital styles bring their own cool look, so I can't imagine being in your shoes and trying to "pick one" you know? I just sorta fell into Illustrator in school. I'm not sure how to put it but it's like, any kind of medium takes so much learning it's hard to just "try them out" I guess. But at the same time, I'm a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none ... the only reason I say anything at all is cause I know Illustrator and was taught how to use it and I really love it, which makes it hard to take the time to learn something else as well as I know Illustrator. I dunno if that makes sense or not. I wanna but I'm reluctant, and I dunno what I'd do if I had to start it all over again and pick one. I'm spoiled by being in the ctrl Z generation anyway.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:25 AM

Thanks. I know there is a lot out there. I guese that is sort of why I was asking. I would like to start doing digital, I was just wanting to see if there is one program that is easier to use than others. I know it has to do with how familiar you are with a program. I have access to photoshop, but the guide is the size of a phone book. A little intimidating. Also, I am curious to see how many people use a wakum (spelling?) tablet. I can't figure out how you can draw on the computer and get the proportions right. I have a friend who draws the car by hand, then scans it & does all the work on computer. I figured I would start there. Just seeing what other approaches there are.
http://mlomaka.wix.com/lomakaconceptdesign