Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Artwork and Collectibles
User Name
Password

Old 05-18-2012, 11:52 AM

Nice work! I'm just getting back into airbrushing again. But this time I have a really nice one so the learning curve on hand control is going to be a little steeper.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:57 AM

I just noticed I didn't put anything in here. I thought I did. I was born and raised in central Ohio. I can always remember drawing things. I remember drawing cars all through grade school and into high school. I also remember always building models. I would build them with my dad when I was young, and hobby had taken off from there. I majored in industrial design at my local art college all the way till I graduated. The funny thing how I never combined all of this until a couple of years ago. I started out doing drafting on the side for local companies, but it wasn't till I was working for an architect that the pieces started falling together. I get some jobs from a couple of local rod shops, some repeat customers and the occasional magazine article. I would like to get more jobs, but the family time s already crazy now as it is. I really enjoy the entire process from putting ideas down on paper, working them out realistically all the way to the final product. I would love to become a professional and do this full time, but that is a long road from here.

My work is done by hand, scanned into PS where I touch/clean it up and add things and finish it off. I use marker, pastels, colored pencils and ink by hand and only use a very limited amount of tools on PS. I remember looking at work done by people like Steve Stanford and Charlie Smith while growing up (and even Cartoons) and just being amazed at their work.

While I do not have a project at the current time, I look forward to the time I can get another one and have the people I have met through all of this do the work. I have had a couple of Chargers, but would like something smaller next time. I hope you enjoy my style and I look forward to hanging out here again.

Mike
http://mlomaka.wix.com/lomakaconceptdesign
Old 11-24-2012, 02:12 PM

I am new to the site. Most of my work is done the old school way with pencil and paper. I am starting to get into CG stuff. I dont have any of my work on this computer yet its a new system specifically for CG.

I will post some work later when I get a chance just wanted to say hi.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Welcome Corso. Hand drawn renderings and other artwork are still valued and appreciated. By all means, get some scanned and posted.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 02-25-2013, 11:06 PM

There is some VERY cool stuff here. I have respect for artists... I can't draw a straight line with a ruler.

:-)
Old 05-12-2013, 01:03 PM

Default Eye Mechanic Car-toons

Hello Lateral-g members, new to the website and wanted to introduce myself. I am 30 years old from Surrey, British Columbia. I have always had the car bug, love to tinker with design and mechanical aspects of the car hobby. I have been drawing cars in toon style for 15 plus years, focusing my talents on giving enthusiasts a scewed view of their car, truck or bike for a reasonable price or free. I look forward to drawing some projects posted on this site, building my portfolio in the process. My portfolio is viewable @ eyemechanic.webs.com

This is a project by a Lateral-g member posted here... thanks for letting me share
Old 05-12-2013, 02:41 PM

Thanked 2,272 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye mechanic View Post
My portfolio is viewable @ eyemechanic.webs.com

This is a project by a Lateral-g member posted here... thanks for letting me share

I checked out your gallery.

Skip
Old 05-13-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compos mentis View Post

I checked out your gallery.
So did EYE. EYE think it looks really good!

Old 05-16-2013, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Hello Lateral-g members, new to the website and wanted to introduce myself. I am 30 years old from Surrey, British Columbia. I have always had the car bug, love to tinker with design and mechanical aspects of the car hobby. I have been drawing cars in toon style for 15 plus years, focusing my talents on giving enthusiasts a scewed view of their car, truck or bike for a reasonable price or free. I look forward to drawing some projects posted on this site, building my portfolio in the process. My portfolio is viewable @ eyemechanic.webs.com

Thanks again for drawing my '70 Camaro! I checked out your web page, the artbombs are awesome.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:

Looking good "Eye Mechanic"
Giving you a shout out from the other side of Scott Road. Welcome to the club.