Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Old 08-19-2009, 02:51 PM

Naaaah....540 and solid roller. El Natural way.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
VERY NICE!!! My man!
Old 08-20-2009, 12:08 PM

If the limitation is only fuel and you have enough pump (and I do) shouldn't one be able to swap injectors and up the max even more? Unless the limit becomes airflow through the throttle body. My 540 dynoed at 750HP and I would love to try this system as it would allow me to keep my port matched intake. My fuel system is already built for EFI with an A1000 and full return system.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:32 PM

Ok, question for you smarter guys. What really makes this better than say Holley ProJection TBI or similar TBI setups? That all this basically is, right, TBI, albeit with what appears to be a much neater, compact install? The ECM/electronics? At 43psi it does seem to run much higher fuel pressure than common TBI systems.

And how might this work on an LS1 with a carb intake? I guess you'd still use the msd ignition unit used for carbed LS motors and follow the directions for CD ignitions. Reading the instructions has raised my interest in this a bit.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Last edited by BonzoHansen; 08-20-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
Just get one of the tall deck Dart blocks, and go for a super stroker something over 700cu
Old 08-20-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorris View Post
If the limitation is only fuel and you have enough pump (and I do) shouldn't one be able to swap injectors and up the max even more? Unless the limit becomes airflow through the throttle body. My 540 dynoed at 750HP and I would love to try this system as it would allow me to keep my port matched intake. My fuel system is already built for EFI with an A1000 and full return system.
I agree. I would think injectors would do the trick. I don't think airflow would be an issue. I have talked with FAST about this system. You have to disregard some of what is in the instructions. Some of the options they speak of are coming, but not available yet. They said the next 90 days would show more with this system. My eyes are on it. Very interesting.

68 Chevy Pickup Project
Build Thread: https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=7505

THANKS TO: A&M Machine and Fabrication, CCTek (http://www.candctek.com), Hermance Design(www.hermancedesign.com), Paradise Road Rod & Custom, Harry Opfer Welding, Wegner Automotive Research, Clayton Machine Works
Old 08-20-2009, 04:35 PM

EZ EFI is a learning program. Teaches and tunes it self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Ok, question for you smarter guys. What really makes this better than say Holley ProJection TBI or similar TBI setups? That all this basically is, right, TBI, albeit with what appears to be a much neater, compact install? The ECM/electronics? At 43psi it does seem to run much higher fuel pressure than common TBI systems.

And how might this work on an LS1 with a carb intake? I guess you'd still use the msd ignition unit used for carbed LS motors and follow the directions for CD ignitions. Reading the instructions has raised my interest in this a bit.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:35 AM

Street Rodder did an install and loved it.. very easy to install.

I will be installing one on a dyno engine for a story and then will be putting it in a certain well known second gen for some "real world" evaluation.

The only downside is that it's only viable up to 600 hp, but it still covers a majority of the people out there.

Will report on how well it goes on in two weeks.

See Bad Penny run the cones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GUPPIX-92U

1971 Chevelle Wagon - Roadster Shop Chassis ProCharged Shafiroff LS and lots of yada yada

1968 Camaro - Project Track Rat - 440 RHS LS
Old 08-21-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorris View Post
The problem is that there are only four injectors, so it's only possible to support so much horsepower. It's not like you can put 95-lb injectors in there. lol

I forgot what the calculation is for injectors based on HP is.. I need to look that up.

1971 Chevelle Wagon - Roadster Shop Chassis ProCharged Shafiroff LS and lots of yada yada

Old 08-21-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post

Yea, it's easier... The main difference is that you don't even need to change the intake, so it's closer to being like a carb swap. I don't know whay it wouldn't work with an LS engine.