Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 08-14-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post

A simple vendor rating system would likely go a long ways in defeating the above. Look at every major website that sells anything, they keep their vendors and products accountable. They do it for the integrity of their business and that means looking out for your members FIRST. In the long term, it rewards the good guys that are doing it right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
I agree 100% with Todd here. It may be time to change it up.
Guys, there is a member/vendor feedback section already.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71

You can have the biggest baddest most awesome feedback function in all the land... it means nothing if users are unwilling to use it and make entries.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 08-14-2018, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
Guys, there is a member/vendor feedback section already.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71

You can have the biggest baddest most awesome feedback function in all the land... it means nothing if users are unwilling to use it and make entries.
Go back and read my #1 point. That's calling out a vendor publically and that's the major problem I see.

A simple 5 star rating system that can be anonymous. Vendors are welcome to solicit positive feedback and folks with bad experiences can provide feedback. There could be a verification to make sure they utilized the services.

Rodger, I get your point, but the cream rises to the top no matter what. The best can't please everybody, but they please more than their competition.

Paid advertisers have caused major harm around here twice, something needs to change.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:20 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD Automotive View Post

Now that it is done I have mixed feelings. Where do we go from here? I hope Ron continues to support and help his customers utilizing his suspension systems (me included). I hope that all of us with builds become a priority customer. I hope he realizes what I stated earlier, "Scale back to what you can handle and be great at”. I personally have just been very frustrated and disappointed with the parts and service I paid for. That cannot be undone from this point back, but can be a different and positive experience from this point forward. Only he can make that happen and I believe it will be the defining moment for Ron Sutton, RSRT, his customers, and the future of all involved.
My two cents, go to the manufactures that Ron sourced his parts from for tech help. I’ve been getting calls from customers friends and others in the community that are in the same situation as yourself, and going back to the original source seems to work best since it’s become pretty clear that Sutton doesn’t have the knowledge that he claimed. I’ve refrained from saying anything for a while or getting into details, but I have talked to manufacturers/distributers that have had to spend HOURS on the phone explaining to Sutton how the parts that he was selling worked... these are things he should have known if he was giving a seminar on how suspension works. Nobody should have to spend two hours teaching Ron the basics of how a JRi shock works, but that happened a few weeks ago...

(760)480.0227

1969 Camaro - always broken GM Design winner
1965 Mustang - widebody fastback
2006 Coyote swapped "Rental Car"

Up next:
Steve's GT40
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt@BOS For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 03:24 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Cathartic isn't it Craig....... a weight lifted - a dark secret you hope doesn't get out because it will have repercussions. "It must only be me".

34 years of AA..... best thing in my life wasn't to stop drinking. It was to be HONEST. Make amends to those you've hurt. Forget it and look forward to what you can do about "it". My amends is to try to lift up - to reach down and lend a hand just like so many people did in my life. Sometimes we just have to be honest and know we're not always going to 100% successful. It's a percentage game - reach out to enough people - a percentage will be rewarding..... some won't get it.... some you'll be honest about and acknowledge you knew they were a waste of time when you started.... You did what you should and that's all you can ever do. THEY WIN if you let it beat you down. YOU WIN when you pick up a tool and do something with it and make the dream move forward.

XOXO to all
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
Merritt5 (08-16-2018), Rmt (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,456 Times in 630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
Go back and read my #1 point. That's calling out a vendor publically and that's the major problem I see.

A simple 5 star rating system that can be anonymous. Vendors are welcome to solicit positive feedback and folks with bad experiences can provide feedback. There could be a verification to make sure they utilized the services.

Rodger, I get your point, but the cream rises to the top no matter what. The best can't please everybody, but they please more than their competition.

Paid advertisers have caused major harm around here twice, something needs to change.
I don't like it. Anonymous means it's not controlled; vendors can stuff the box with false feedbacks, and vice-versa. A lot of places use the five star system, but there's no way to know if it's real or not. We have feedback available and if you're not willing to put your name on it then I guess it wasn't that important.

PAST CAR PROJECTS

Like Lateral-G on Facebook!

Follow Lateral-G on Instagram!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Jacob Ehlers and Amsoil for the lubricants and degreasers for my 70 Chevelle project
Shannon at Modo Innovations for the cool billet DBW bracket
Roadster Shop for their Chevelle SPEC Chassis
Dakota Digital for their Chevelle HDX Gauge Package
Painless Performance for their wiring harness

Ron Davis Radiators for their radiator and fan assembly.
Baer Brakes for their front and rear brakes

Texas Speed and Performance for their 427 LS Stroker
American Powertrain for their ProFit Magnum T56 kit
Currie Enterprises for their 9" Third Member
Forgeline for their GF3 Wheels
McLeod Racing for their RXT street twin clutch
Ididit for their steering column
Holley for their EFI and engine parts
Lokar and Clayton Machine for their pedals and door and window handles
Morris Classic Concepts for their 3 point belts and side mirrors
Thermotec for their heat sleeve and sound deadening products
Restomod Air for their Tru Mod A/C kit
Mightymouse Solutions for their catch can
Magnaflow for their 3" exhaust system
Aeromotive for their dual Phantom fuel system
Vintage Air for their new Mid Mount LS front drive
Hydratech Braking for their hydroboost system
Borgeson for their stainless steering shaft and u joints
Eddie Motorsports for their hood and trunk hinges and misc parts
TMI Products for their seats, door panels, and dash pad
Rock Valley Antique Auto Parts for their stainless fuel tank
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camcojb For This Useful Post:
RdHuggr68 (08-14-2018), Van B (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
I don't like it. Anonymous means it's not controlled; vendors can stuff the box with false feedbacks, and vice-versa. A lot of places use the five star system, but there's no way to know if it's real or not. We have feedback available and if you're not willing to put your name on it then I guess it wasn't that important.
Took the words right out of my mouth Jody.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash68 For This Useful Post:
Ricochet (08-17-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Cathartic isn't it Craig....... a weight lifted - a dark secret you hope doesn't get out because it will have repercussions. "It must only be me".

34 years of AA..... best thing in my life wasn't to stop drinking. It was to be HONEST. Make amends to those you've hurt. Forget it and look forward to what you can do about "it". My amends is to try to lift up - to reach down and lend a hand just like so many people did in my life. Sometimes we just have to be honest and know we're not always going to 100% successful. It's a percentage game - reach out to enough people - a percentage will be rewarding..... some won't get it.... some you'll be honest about and acknowledge you knew they were a waste of time when you started.... You did what you should and that's all you can ever do. THEY WIN if you let it beat you down. YOU WIN when you pick up a tool and do something with it and make the dream move forward.

XOXO to all

I really debated today about starting a feedback thread on this, but this ship has sailed. I have worked with Ron since early 2016, been to 3 of his seminars and looked him straight in the eye when he told me " I was hoping to get at your calculations before the seminar, but.." I too had noticed a change. Early on it was great, response usually the same night. One on one conversation. I wondered how he could do this for everyone. There was a couple minor issues with parts that I never even brought up to him. I figured this is race stuff, get me started, and I'll take it from there. So now I sit here 8 months after ordering springs and shocks, no springs. ..waiting for calculations to determine correct rate. Luckily I have the shocks already, but that comes from Ridetech, who have been right on all the time. Maybe he will still come through, maybe I'm s.o.l. on the springs, time will tell. On the positive side, I enjoyed visiting with him, he is smart, when staying within his confines. I was able to twice tour the Ridetech facilities and have a nice conversation with Brett Voelkel, who is the most unassuming down to earth guy, ( that's a good thing)
I was able to meet David and Mary Pozzi, James Shipka, and others too many to mention. These were the good times that kept you coming back. Smoke show, or an honest overeager business plan? I don't know that is what made this one sting a lot. I think this is mutual to many. We will move on and finish our projects, just lean on the good people there are many here.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth Jody.
Per a few pages back “Vendor/member feed back thread is a great place on lat g to post recent or current transaction experiences.

Describe and Rate any recent or current transactions good or bad and it can serve as a resource for those lat g members about to engage in a transaction. Heck include part or service rendered and post the post sale experience/support.

Anything ordered on amazon can be rated, the vendor making the sale and the product sold. Key again is posting your feedback. Good vendors will continue to do well and so so vendors are given a chance to make good on any hiccups.

Transparency is always good and it gives the vendors or members an opportunity to rebuke or fix any problems that may have occurred vice versa - tough part is to post even after getting burned but doing so just helps everyone else out”

Greg gets a pass on vendor posting feed back - poor guy has done enough heavy lifting his back might give out )

Last edited by Ns RS; 08-14-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:39 PM

I don't get why everyone on here is venting about Ron and their issues instead of the feedback section. When I knew Scott Mock was a joke I put on my big boy pants and my flame suit and immediately posted about him. I was a new member and he was a long term member for years here.

I knew there was going to be backlash brought on myself from disbelievers but that was expected and I knew I would have to have my ducks in a row to prove my case. Guess what, he's no longer a vendor and no longer a member.

Even after multiple people got the courage to posted up after me I still got hate messages and people asking me
"Are his frames really that bad" uhmm yes look at the pictures I posted?

Why wait years to post complaints about Ron on someone else's build thread? Why would anyone even want to do business with him still if everything that's been said is true and he burnt another member of his friendship, time and money.

Point is when something isn't right you have to man up and post it regardless of the backlash. Right is right. Help others save their hard earned money and most importantly time. Money we can all make again eventually, time we can never get back.

Last edited by Build-It-Break-it; 08-14-2018 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
Anonymous to the public, not the moderators. There has to be accountability.