Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 06-02-2006, 01:30 AM
Supporting Member

Default New Fatman Front Clip for Pro-Touring

Hello:

I'm new to this board and am looking for information from anyone who has seen, used, or know someone who is using the new front clip from Fatman Fabrication.

http://www.fatmanfab.com/06page23.htm

Please write and also let me know where more informatin can be found.

Thanks,

tyoneal
------------------------------
My Project is re-dueing a '69 Z/28. (Stock appearance, Road Racing underneath)
Old 06-02-2006, 02:01 AM

I'm using one in mine. It's ok, but not the best. It hand;es pretty good, but you can get better. I bought it before I knew what was the best one to get. It's nice and stiff, and works well, but they don't come from the factory ready to bolt right in. You have to do much fab time to get it ready. I would go with Wayne Due, 21st centery or wait till the Detroit Speed ones come out in a month or 2.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:12 AM
Supporting Member

mazspeed:

Thanks for the reply.

How much extra rubber can you put under the front end?

When I spoke with Fatman, they told me this unit was completely bolt in. Is that what you were told also?

What are the specs on the new DSE front clip??

I really want to run some FAT front tires. Does anyone offer a clip for this that would still be bolt in, and have the brackets necessary to construct the rest of the front??

Thanks,

tyoneal
Old 06-02-2006, 07:29 AM

As of yet there are not posted specs on the DSE front clip. Most people assume that with the history of there products that it will be one of the best, if not the best, depending what you want.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:56 AM

most aftermarket clips allow you to run a 275 front tire, although there is a rumor that there may be a clip soon that you can run a 295 on, how soon are you looking at buying a front sub?
jake
Old 06-02-2006, 07:57 AM
Administrator

I'm running 18x9.5 on the front of my 69 with the Wayne Due subframe.

The DSE piece will be bitchin, no doubt.

My LS7 69 Camaro
Old 06-02-2006, 09:31 AM

Hey Ty. I have 255 40ZR 17s on the front. You have to custom make bump stops and pretty much fab up most of the stuff that has to go on the front end, according to my shop. If you need more info, let me know, I can put you in touch with my shop and you can call them on what they had to do to put that in
Old 06-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Supporting Member

Talking

Many thanks to all who have answered, here are my replies:

mazspeed Hey Ty. I have 255 40ZR 17s on the front. You have to custom make bump stops and pretty much fab up most of the stuff that has to go on the front end, according to my shop. If you need more info, let me know, I can put you in touch with my shop and you can call them on what they had to do to put that in
Yesterday 07:57 AM
XcYZ I'm running 18x9.5 on the front of my 69 with the Wayne Due subframe.

mazspeed, did you use the stock sub-frame on yours? Some of the aftermarket sub-frames I've seen are nice, but they require one to build all the bracketry necessary to finish the front. I'd like to try and not have to do that if at all possible.

What shop did you use to do your building?

What did they do?

What type of performance have you received from the change?

I look forward to hearing from you.

tyoneal
-----------------------------------
The DSE piece will be bitchin, no doubt.
Yesterday 07:56 AM
68protouring454 most aftermarket clips allow you to run a 275 front tire, although there is a rumor that there may be a clip soon that you can run a 295 on, how soon are you looking at buying a front sub?
jake

I need to have the front end suspension sorted out asap. Realistically, I probably have 60 Days, maybe a bit more. I just NEVER like to be in a position to have to make a snap decision on anything important. I would much rather be way ahead of things, especially when big money is involved.

Thanks,

tyoneal
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday 07:29 AM
JamesJ As of yet there are not posted specs on the DSE front clip. Most people assume that with the history of there products that it will be one of the best, if not the best, depending what you want.

I am really hoping that they will come up with what I want, which is, a '69 sub-frame which is completely bolt in, has all the backets necessary to completely finish building the front end, and is designed so that as wide a tire as possible can be tucked under the front end without binding or rubbing in some way.

I don't ask for much................

tyoneal