Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 04-22-2009, 09:40 PM

Default TEAM PRODIGY 2009 Bull Run Rally Project

So it is time to formally introduce our 2009 Bull Run Rally Project named TEAM PRODIGY. We are building this car (named Lucy) for Ted and James, Ted is a member here, team 68 chevelle here on the forum. Ted is signed up for Bull Run, paid, approved and confirmed for the 2009 Bull Run Rally! Now we are not talking about the reality TV show, but the real live Bull Run Race (I mean RALLY) many here know as Cannonball Run. Yes, this race (RALLY) is real! This year the Rally goes from Manhattan, NY to Austin, Tx and is a 7 day event broken into seven 1 day sprints about 400 miles each from location to location. Teams will find out the next location each morning. Drivers go city to city in a poker run of sorts, and while not "A Race", there is some pride in getting there quickest. Each night they will reside in 5 star resorts and have activities and parties each night. As I understand, surviving the parties every night is half the battle. This is a $20,000 to enter and nothing to win Rally strictly for pride. And one of those 100 things you gotta do before you die list!

See more info on the race in the link below.

WWW.BullRun.com

Here is a little promo for the race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AfNE...layer_embedded

I talked about this project briefly on one of my video updates a while back but did not have our final rendering or final plans yet on a couple things. We had some surprises come up that changed plans a little and pushed us a little deeper into the project then we planned. The body that we were going to try and "scuff and shoot" for the race, was just to rough to waste any time and money on. So my brother David put some new quarters and outer wheel houses on it, we got some new fenders, and are doing the full treatment to the body. A killer Maroon with flat black accents theme should look racy. Of coarse we are running Forgelines, we selected a set of killer 18" SP3 in matte black with brushed lips. With some high speed blast expected, we need the best brakes in the world to slow this thing so of coarse we selected a Prodigy Customs Total Car G Machine package with Wilwood 13" (6) piston front and 12.2" (6) piston rear brakes! Suspension will be a Air Ride Street Challenge package using some trick new parts no one has seen yet. Pretty exciting stuff indeed. We will also debut Air Rides new Chevelle Tiger Cage.

While I am continually reminded I cannot refer to this Rally as a race, a mistake I make often. We need some horsepower for this RALLY! We also need reliability and fuel mileage for sustained speeds of 100MPH +. Of coarse speeds like this will ONLY happen if they happen to run some place it is legal to run 100MPH to 150MPH? So making the power is one of our L76 6.0 litre engines and will make right at 480 ponies with a little help from Mast Motorsports. There may be some drag racing one night, so we are adding a little 100 shot of giggle gas for the drag strip activities! Keeping it a automatic, a 4L80E combo with a big old cooler should keep the transmission cool if any sustained high speed runs happen. We figure it will get 10 to 12 MPH at 100MPHto 120MPH (I have a officer friend that is going to help me with a 5AM Sunday morning 00 mile test for fuel mileage). So at 10 miles to the gallon and 400 miles between runs, were looking at carrying 40 gallon of fuel n board, adding a 20 Gallon trunk mounted fuel cell in addition to the factory tank.

Lucy is going to be decked with a awesome CB, Valentine, Radar detector, and some other toys to make sure we know where the coppers are.

So this one is going to be fun. And we will be seeing the guys off in NY, then heading to Austin to meet the boys for the finally party. I cannot wait.

Special thanks to Carter Hickman for another killer design!

And Ted....................................Thanks for selecting us to build Lucy!

Last edited by ProdigyCustoms; 04-22-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:53 PM

Sounds pretty cool. I love the rendering colors look awesome. Of course the car is going to top notch since you guys are doing it. Nothing but awesome cars come out of your shop. How close are you going to get to that maroon on the rendering? I would love to have that color on my car.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:55 PM

Frank that sounds like it will be a hell of a lot of fun...Challenge will be to not have too much fun each night, and still be able to hit it hard and make good time the next day.

Project update thread here:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=12743

My Lateral-G Page

My Shop Build:

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16310
Old 04-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

That rendering is Bad Azz! That's awesome that they are doing Bull Run. Sure would be cool to see them on the TV version too.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Old 04-22-2009, 11:08 PM

That is cool man....hope you win. Name needs some work. LOL

Last edited by Vegas69; 04-22-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:40 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Rendering looks good Frank! Nice to see some chevelles getting the treatment.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:58 AM

Once again we are honored to be part of such an exciting project.
No one can do it quite like Frank and his team at Prodigy.
We are all looking forward to this one, should be quite a trip!

Thanks for all your support.

Best regards,

Scott Main
Forgeline Motorsports
800-886-0093
www.forgeline.com
Old 04-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

That's awesome.
Should be a fun little gig.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:15 PM

Cool project. Carter did an awesome rendering as expected.
What kind of upgrades are you making to the L76?
Old 04-23-2009, 03:34 PM

kick ass rendering..

Project Orange Fish - 73 Cuda
https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...ht=orange+fish

Project Reincarnation - 69 Camaro
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=19154