Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 06-12-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
Here's how not to take turn 2 at Talladega Gran Prix. I will kick myself in the backside for years to come for this.
Like Greg said... That stuff is bound to happen when your out there pushing it... the car is fine so that's good

Since you've had some track time with the recent changes to the car... would your mind sharing your impressions of how your car handles now with the upgrades to the Fox Shocks and new 18" wheel tire combo as compared to the old set up?

69 Camaro-Nutter Racing Engines/427CI LS2 sleeved/LS7 CNC ported heads/Custom cam/T&D 1.8 rockers/Manley crank/Manley H-beam rods/Weisco pistons/NRC Pro Series dry sump/Kooks/NA,92 octane,11.5:1- 672HP @ 6,900RPM, 566TQ @ 5,500RPM
Build Thread- http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...ine-build.html
Old 06-12-2013, 11:42 PM

Surprised you didn't have a set of super swampers in the trunk. You were hauling ass....
Old 06-13-2013, 11:45 PM

The stars are a huge part of the inspiration for doing all of this. Someone around here posted up on his Facebook page a while back, "Happiness starts where selfishness ends." It's a priveledge for me to be a part of this.

Dale, it's not the same car anymore. The shock tuning was the biggest differenece. With no other significant changes we knocked two seconds a lap off our best time at Big Willow and the ride quality became better in all respects. That same someone around here nicknamed the car "Cupcake" because of the way it rides. Jon and I both agree that besides the wind noise it is more comfortable on the highway than his C5 Z06 and has more room to spread stuff out. Everyone who has gone for a ride can't believe it's so smooth.

Wait until the photos come out of the car fully crossed-up Todd. The outside front tire is 6" off the ground as the ass end of the car starts to plow the field. I have a feeling it's going to make the OLoA yearbook.

How about a little Daytona action. 154.5 mph on the data logger just before start/finish on lap 3.

Last edited by CarlC; 06-13-2013 at 11:49 PM.