Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 01:27 PM

I've dealt with Gui on numerous deals, as have many other people.

I also spoke with Gui concerning whether or not to take the $3,000 offer.

I told him that that kind of offer made me very nervous - what we do know is that the transmission was working when it left, and the car has gone to Texas and now the guy is saying the transmission is busted and he's willing to send it back along with a partial refund of $$. Best case, Jason is being honest and Gui is out the $$ to build a transmission. Worst case, Jason and/or the shipper really messed the car up and $3k is cheap compared to what Gui actually has to do to get the car sold again.

Now, I'm not accusing Jason of anything, I'm merely stating that there are a lot of unknowns for Gui and in his position that kind of offer made me nervous.

As for the "rust-free" comment, I agree with the general consensus that that was a mistake for Gui to state as such.

The last time I sold a car to someone out of state (actually, out of country) he paid for the car up front without an inspection. I kept the cash on-hand in case he decided he didn't like the car for whatever reason; thankfully he came down and looked at it himself to get ready to drive it home. 2 years later he's still quite happy with it.

After witnessing Gui and Jason's experience, I definitely wouldn't want to be the buyer or seller in this situation. I know that there are people out there who pull stuff like this but I know Gui is not one of them. I'm hoping that there's an amicable resolution.

I also think it's quite unfair to immediately post a thread that's basically a backstab at Gui when he's already proven that he was willing to work with Jason on the deal (the transmission offer).

My $0.02. (not the first post on this forum I really wanted to make. lol)
Old 06-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Racer View Post
I've dealt with Gui on numerous deals, as have many other people.

I also spoke with Gui concerning whether or not to take the $3,000 offer.

I told him that that kind of offer made me very nervous - what we do know is that the transmission was working when it left, and the car has gone to Texas and now the guy is saying the transmission is busted and he's willing to send it back along with a partial refund of $$. Best case, Jason is being honest and Gui is out the $$ to build a transmission. Worst case, Jason and/or the shipper really messed the car up and $3k is cheap compared to what Gui actually has to do to get the car sold again.

Now, I'm not accusing Jason of anything, I'm merely stating that there are a lot of unknowns for Gui and in his position that kind of offer made me nervous.

As for the "rust-free" comment, I agree with the general consensus that that was a mistake for Gui to state as such.

The last time I sold a car to someone out of state (actually, out of country) he paid for the car up front without an inspection. I kept the cash on-hand in case he decided he didn't like the car for whatever reason; thankfully he came down and looked at it himself to get ready to drive it home. 2 years later he's still quite happy with it.

After witnessing Gui and Jason's experience, I definitely wouldn't want to be the buyer or seller in this situation. I know that there are people out there who pull stuff like this but I know Gui is not one of them. I'm hoping that there's an amicable resolution.

I also think it's quite unfair to immediately post a thread that's basically a backstab at Gui when he's already proven that he was willing to work with Jason on the deal (the transmission offer).

My $0.02. (not the first post on this forum I really wanted to make. lol)
I appreciate your post and you just reaffirmed that Gui messed up by saying the car was "rust free" when in reality it wasn't. I'm glad even his friends recognize his mistake.

Its time for Gui to make this right, and I fully expect him to.

I won't even comment on your unfair statement.

Gui and myself will take this offline and get it sorted out. I've already emailed him a few options to settle this, and I'm hopeful this will be taken care of.

Jason
Old 06-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

First and most importantly, I like Gui and enjoy his participation on this forum.

While I applaud you (Shark Racer) for standing up for your friend I do not agree with your take and first post on this forum.

This:
Quote:
And this:
Quote:
I know that there are people out there who pull stuff like this but I know Gui is not one of them. I'm hoping that there's an amicable resolution.
...are a contradiction. Clearly the car was not as advertised - rust free is not subjective - and Gui was the one who posted the ad.

More:
Quote:
Now, I'm not accusing Jason of anything,
and:
Quote:
I also think it's quite unfair to immediately post a thread that's basically a backstab at Gui
are also contradictions in my mind.

OTOH, Jason's intro post pretty much took the high road, said in so many words, "oh well, I'll just move on and fix it."

Finally:
Quote:
Originally Posted by n77nxc View Post
I appreciate your post and you just reaffirmed that Gui messed up by saying the car was "rust free" when in reality it wasn't. I'm glad even his friends recognize his mistake.

Gui and myself will take this offline and get it sorted out. I've already emailed him a few options to settle this, and I'm hopeful this will be taken care of.

Jason
Glad to see you guys working it out. I hope this has an amicable resolution and we can move on.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:32 PM

Just my .02, when I sold my car on eBay a few weeks ago I knew it could be look at differently by any one looking to bid or buy the car. I knew with almost certainty that whomever would buy my car would come to pick it up. I had way to may parts to try to ship it. The guy that bought my car came from 12 hours away to pick it up. I made sure he every picture that I have of my car to make sure that when he came to get it he wasn't going to say wow that's not what I thought it was.

I had every part laid out in the driveway so he could see everything. He looked at everything I had and told me wow I know you said you had the whole car but WOW you have the whole car! He was very happy when he left with his new purchase and even texted me when he was home to say he made it with no issues and thank me again.

My point is when you are selling anything you need to be as forthcoming as you can be, even the smallest thing to you may turn out to be a big something to them.

Was/is this car rust free no! Was everything disclosed about the car apparently not. As for the other stuff it should stay between Gui and Jason.

My new car which I'm going to get this weekend, I have seen enough pictures to know that I'm going to pick up what I was told it is. Plus I know that Mark is not looking to take anyone on anything he's going to sell.

Ok sorry so long winded! Hope you guys can come to an agreement.

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 06-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by n77nxc View Post

Jason
Glad to see you guys are working this out.

Looks like we're done here.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Closed Thread