Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 04-06-2005, 09:02 PM

Is there a reason why they use .120 tubbing VS. .083 tubbing?
Old 04-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummgawa
"The price for this chassis with tri-4 bar and our IFS up front is $1056.00 that includes all of the above but with our IFS up front and brakes are our 11" disc kit in front and the SVO disc kit in the rear. Other brake upgrades are available. With the IFS you don't have the dramatic engine setback due to its rack location and have a larger variety of wheels to choose from."

Sign me up!! I am all the way in at that price

By the way , if we group purchase, can we get a better deal?
I think there might be a number missing before the decimal point, .
Old 04-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Um, make that price with an extra decimal point. What, 1056 isn't a good enough price for you guys?
Old 04-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMorrison
Um, make that price with an extra decimal point. What, 1056 isn't a good enough price for you guys?
$$01056.00?? Still seems like a good price to me!!!! I'll take two!

William

P.S. Kidding
Old 04-07-2005, 10:04 PM

Default u understand?

Just wondering not all of us building/wanting to build a PT Muscle car know the ins & outs of Chassis,suspension,Future needed Fabrication etc like more experienced car builders do. Can we put this in more easier terms!
What body(cars) can be placed on the chassis?
Whats the difference if you just replace the front end with a C5 and the rear end with new diff and shocks and mini tubs?
Whats the difference in wheel height and length?
Is it easier to buy the chassis and find a body rather than find a whole new project and cost saving issues?
Sorry guys if some of the questions are silly due to my inexperience.
What other benefits are there?
Thanks guys.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:12 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Customcam- At AME, we custom build front clips, full frames and rear clips. We currently only have two "bolt-on" frames and those are for the 55-57 Chevy and for the 53-62 Vette. These frames are the only ones that have all the body, bumper, core support and engine and trans mounts allready welded on them. The 55-57 frame is a quick swap, and we changed out the frames on our GT55 project car in about 6 hours. No welding required!

This new Max-G frame is one of our custom frames designed for performance handling. We can do many different styles of chassis and we have a few different front suspensions that we use, and we have a few different rear suspensions that we use. Most of our custom chassis are made right to the customer's specs and help the customer pick out the best fit suspension for their own driving style and intended use for the vehicle whether it be drag racing, cruising, hi-perf driving, etc.

The way that this particular chassis works is that we build it to fit the width of the pinch weld on the rocker panels. So you give us the year of the car that you are building, the desired ride hight that you want, your tire and wheel combo (or we can make suggestions) and some pinch weld dimensions. Because this chassis is made to your specs there are quite a few different cars that it will work for!

While we do use the C5 on different applications, the R&P does sit quite high. Depending on the car, ride height and the motor used, there will be 5" or more of engine setback so the motor/balancer doesn't hit the R&P.

I would definitely suggest having the car body that you are going to use in your hands before starting a project like this, because we will need some measurements from you.

If you are not that experienced with fab work, this might not be the best fit for your project. The last thing we would want is to have you get in over your head and have your pet project die a lingering death. If this is the case, we can do a front or rear clip, go with bolt on parts or just enjoy the car as-is.

Hope this helps!
Craig

Last edited by CraigMorrison; 04-08-2005 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:30 PM

It really does thanks Craig!!
"I wish i lived in the US to build my car" ;o(
Craig will you have pics/tech info regarding the corvette kits with body and prices? on your website? I have seen a side on pic of your 55 and its stance is amazingly low but theres nothing hanging under the vehicle exhaust etc awsome car to say the least!!!
Will you have first gen chassis and body kits also?
Thanks again for your patience! im Learning something everyday here at Lateral _G! Thanks to all!