Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Old 12-10-2019, 12:41 AM

Default Questions about Sniper wiring

I’m installing a Sniper efi on my Chevelle with a trunk mounted battery and AAW classic update kit. BBC with HEI. I have a few questions about the wiring,
1. Main power wire, does it need to go all the way back to the trunk mounted battery or can I pull power from the AAW fuse panel or from a distribution block that I have near the starter which is connected directly to the battery? Can I ground to a clean chassis ground or does it have to go back to the battery?
2. I already have a pre-run wire from the AAW for an electric fuel pump. Can I use this wire or do I need to use the fuel pump wire that comes in the Sniper harness?
3. The yellow wire for rpm input, can I plug that in to the HEI if I’m already using the tach location on the HEI for a DD tach? Basically, can I piggy back the tach output and the efi rpm input from the same location on the HEI?
4. Switched ignition wire, what’s the best location for this? Up to the ignition switch, or can this be pulled from the distributor? Other location?
Thanks for any help!
Old 12-10-2019, 03:59 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

you posted this somewhere else and got the answers from a member. Is this a mistake reposting it?
Old 12-10-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelteredV View Post
you posted this somewhere else and got the answers from a member. Is this a mistake reposting it?
No, no mistake. I posted my question on another forum as well. With all due respect to the reply that I recieved, I wanted a 2nd opinion before I tear the interior out of the car based on one comment. Thank you for you contribution as well, it was very helpful.

Last edited by 65 Drop Top; 12-10-2019 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:18 PM

1) You need to run the main power and ground wire back to the battery.

2) The fuel pump needs to be controlled by the sniper for proper priming but you could use a different wire to extend it as long as it is a large gauge.

3) The HEI tack output goes to the sniper, the sniper tack output goes to the tack, it cannot be piggy backed.

4) Don't know, not a Chevy guy, I have an HEI on my ford. The key on wire does not carry much current, so as long as it is a good source it would probably be fine to wire in parallel to the dizzy power. Make sure you have a good ground from the dizzy to the block.

5) once you get it running you can modify the HEI for timing control by using the magnetic pickup and locking out the rotor and vac advance.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig510 View Post
1) You need to run the main power and ground wire back to the battery.

2) The fuel pump needs to be controlled by the sniper for proper priming but you could use a different wire to extend it as long as it is a large gauge.

3) The HEI tack output goes to the sniper, the sniper tack output goes to the tack, it cannot be piggy backed.

4) Don't know, not a Chevy guy, I have an HEI on my ford. The key on wire does not carry much current, so as long as it is a good source it would probably be fine to wire in parallel to the dizzy power. Make sure you have a good ground from the dizzy to the block.

5) once you get it running you can modify the HEI for timing control by using the magnetic pickup and locking out the rotor and vac advance.
Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to 65 Drop Top For This Useful Post:
craig510 (12-15-2019)