Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default two wheel addiction

So I made reference to it and Sieg even showed off himself dragging a knee while piloting his gorgeous 748 and it got me thinking who else is into bikes and has one or two? I've got two even though one is just a project bike.

My one is a Ducati Monster 1100s. This is the first Duc I've ever owned. These bikes are exotics to me since growing up as a kid. Even now, knowing they aren't rare or expensive typically, Monsters and Ducatis in general are just awesome to see. I love the single sided swing arm. You can not get any more gorgeous than having a single sided swing arm on your bike.

The day I brought it home. I went from Pampa, Texas to Chicago and back in two and a half days. I was literally two blocks from Lake Michigan.

and here's how it sits as of today. I have many plans for this bike.

My second bike I got while I was living in Colorado. I had sold my SV650 that was my trusty commuter while I was in Georgia. I took a trip into the San Juan mountains with my truck and decided I couldn't live without a bike. I wanted something I could turn into a street fighter. So I found this 98 Ninja 9R and got it for $500. I'm a little frustrated with it at the moment but I still plan to turn it into a street fighter. I might even make it my track toy as that's something I would really like to participate in if for nothing else other than to sharpen my riding skills. Here's how it looks basically now.

I'm thinking at some point I'll end up with a Monster S4r. Those are the last generation and that particular model has the water cooled super bike 4v motor in it instead of the air cooled 2v motors like my current one. What can I say, I like v-twins. Especially nakeds.

So those are mine. What are your rides?

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims