Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > LSX Conversions
User Name
Password

Old 01-07-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.A View Post
I'm not saying it doesn't happen. It happens all the time, and everyone around here has a pretty good time doing it. Just look at the banter between Rob and DG about their FE vs SB2 numbers showdown. I've decided roll racing isn't for me, and as long as only the people who want to be involved in it are involved in it, then I don't really take up issue. We all have our interests and they all come across as equally nonsensical to people with different perspectives.

Like most of us here you're interested in building an old car that is more than a one trick pony. Building something like this is all about comprise, and if you share what is most important to you, we might better be able to pool our collective knowledge to figure out each part effects another so that you can choose which comprises you want to make.
Yes it never seems to come across right. Apparently EVER. Then people fuel the fire by acting like I'm not trying to accomplish something lol. This thread is toast. Thanks for the earnest attempt at help. Im going to give it a rest and we can revisit in the pending build thread.

Last edited by irishlsxer; 01-07-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compos mentis View Post

...but no one was injured.

Yup thankfully no one was really harmed in the making of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in SoCal View Post
Yep.

AND Ron is entertained. How is that not a win?!

Last edited by irishlsxer; 01-07-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:54 PM

I didnt read through all the banter but..

Id bet most of the guys here dont have personal experience autoxing a turbo LS car.

Ive ran my 71 Nova at several auto cross tracks, small and 1/2 mile. It makes 800whp via a 76mm on a 5.3, soon to be more. Turn it down and it drives just like all the rest of the 400-600hp cars out there doing it now. Put coolers on everything like I said and its all good.

The 1000whp GTO I mentioned on the first page is run under all conditions. Stop and go traffic, autox, open track road racing.

Ive driven all different types of cars and power levels but there is nothing quite like running around with a car that drives like a stock and then turning up the boost when a Hyabusa is next to you on the freeway and putting the smack down. I highly doubt you will regret a TT LS combo unless you competively road race all the time.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1NOVA View Post
I didnt read through all the banter but..

Id bet most of the guys here dont have personal experience autoxing a turbo LS car.

Ive ran my 71 Nova at several auto cross tracks, small and 1/2 mile. It makes 800whp via a 76mm on a 5.3, soon to be more. Turn it down and it drives just like all the rest of the 400-600hp cars out there doing it now. Put coolers on everything like I said and its all good.

The 1000whp GTO I mentioned on the first page is run under all conditions. Stop and go traffic, autox, open track road racing.

Ive driven all different types of cars and power levels but there is nothing quite like running around with a car that drives like a stock and then turning up the boost when a Hyabusa is next to you on the freeway and putting the smack down. I highly doubt you will regret a TT LS combo unless you competively road race all the time.
That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking, and someone finally understood my specific goal. It's not going to be a competitive road racer/autocrosser all the time. A little roll racing, a little auto cross, and lots of cruising. Thanks for simply trying to understand and not just pouring cold water on my efforts