Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Old 04-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Supporting Manufacturer

HydratechBraking.com

Talking Awesome!

Wow guys! What a really pleasant suprise to run across this post!

It is very rewarding to see that all of our hard work and continued emphasis on providing quality components with appropriate customer service has not gone unnoticed. We do indeed continually strive to evolve and improve!

As far as the new design assist units? They are still indeed in progress, though our key designer / engineer (who also happens to be one of the original patent holders on these systems) is still VERY heavily involved with GM in their scrambled rush to get caught up on their hybrid vehicle development program (which is terribly behind schedule). Until they stop burying him in round the clock work, the new design "alumaboost" is unfortunately languishing on hold (which is driving me nuts of course). Stay tuned though - delays or not, they are still going to exist before all too long.

I can't imagine being in this business and not liking cars - heck, I was even badly hit by one many moons ago and still love 'em! Always a pleasure to meet fellow enthusiasts - and yes, it is always polite to stand up when shaking someones hand (!) (lol)

Paul M. Clark <-- the Ukrainian - Slava Ukraini !
Founder / Master Engineer
Hydratech Braking Systems ®
www.hydratechbraking.com
Old 04-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Hydratech service is by far one of the very best in the business...I have seen Pauls dedication and desire to help his customers first hand. I have never seen vendors go out of thier way to help, and accomodate thier clients as much as Hydratech and for that matter DSE as well

Old 04-19-2006, 12:37 PM

OK I have to chime in. Paul and Hydratech are "the model" as far as I am concerned, as to how a small company servicing a highly specialized type of market should operate. Hydratech would be a great case study for a Junior Achievement group of students or b-school students to visit with/learn about.

Project update thread here:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=12743

My Lateral-G Page

My Shop Build:

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16310
Old 04-20-2006, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhite692
Paul and Hydratech are "the model" as far as I am concerned, as to how a small company servicing a highly specialized type of market should operate. Hydratech would be a great case study for a Junior Achievement group of students or b-school students to visit with/learn about.
Make sure this doesn't go to your head Paul.

R.P.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:06 PM

Just finished an install of a Hydratech/Hydraboost unit on a 70 Camaro. Bear front, Explorer rear. All the parts I needed were included except a five point harness to keep me in the seat. Great product/tech support.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Supporting Vendor

Yea, we like Paul's stuff and service a lot too!
Where classic style meets modern technology.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Supporting Manufacturer

HydratechBraking.com

Quote:
OK I have to chime in. Paul and Hydratech are "the model" as far as I am concerned, as to how a small company servicing a highly specialized type of market should operate. Hydratech would be a great case study for a Junior Achievement group of students or b-school students to visit with/learn about.
We may have the customer service angle situated properly, though we still have a long way to go before we can truly call this business actually profitable = hold off on sending any students our way just yet (!).

Quote:
Make sure this doesn't go to your head Paul.
I think I have already successfully passed this test with flying colors, as it was truly an unbelievable experience to have worked directly with Jim Holden (the retired president of Daimler Chrysler). We installed one of our special Level IV systems into his SRT10 powered '72 droptop Challenger, as there simply wasn't room for anything else per the V10. If anything was ever going to possibly swell my head, this would've definitely been it! I walk away from this recent project secure in the notion that I will remain a humble and hard working professional. You know what suprised me the most about working directly with Jim? He, of all people, is the most realistic and grounded individual I have ever met! He had no qualms what so ever about getting his hands dirty with me, and even crawled up under the dash to handle of all of work under there while I tinkered away underhood - amazing ! He did however state that he was flying out to Florida the next day to beat one of his buddies in a game of golf, stating that the $25 winning in the golf outing was priceless / well worth the airfare = my kind of guy!

Again - thanks for ALL of the kind words guys, as it re-assures us that we are indeed heading in the right directions.

Paul M. Clark <-- the Ukrainian - Slava Ukraini !
Founder / Master Engineer
Hydratech Braking Systems ®
www.hydratechbraking.com
Old 05-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Default Hydroboost install story

Our Hydroboost install story is airing on V8TV this week and next, but here's a link to our web story for those who don't get the channel and are interested...

Hydratech Hydroboost Install
Muscle Car Of The Week
V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:
https://www.v8speedshop.com

Old 05-05-2006, 02:03 PM

I have delt with Paul on numerous occasions and he has been 110%. I wish the aftermarket had more like him. It definatley makes it more of a pleasure building a car.

Ross