...

Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Engine
User Name
Password



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-11-2019, 09:07 PM
NickBurns NickBurns is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pine Plains NY
Posts: 55
Thanks: 20
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbed69 View Post
Looks nice,hope they fit well for you


Sorry I didnít get a chance to throw the engine in- Holley sent me the wrong brackets ! Iím so pissed


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Nick's son was last seen finishing up his 1968 Pro Touring Camaro

1968 Pro touring Camaro
ALL DSE Suspension
2017 6.2L made of steel balls
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-18-2019, 09:23 PM
NickBurns NickBurns is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pine Plains NY
Posts: 55
Thanks: 20
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

I completely gave up with the Holley blackheart stuff- sent the crossmember back, the headers and the mounts.

Went with all Detroit Speed ....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Nick's son was last seen finishing up his 1968 Pro Touring Camaro

1968 Pro touring Camaro
ALL DSE Suspension
2017 6.2L made of steel balls
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-19-2019, 06:23 PM
tubbed69's Avatar
tubbed69 tubbed69 is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: WV
Posts: 2,087
Thanks: 7
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBurns View Post
I completely gave up with the Holley blackheart stuff- sent the crossmember back, the headers and the mounts.

Went with all Detroit Speed ....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hate to hear about all the trouble,I have all DSE but was hoping this Exhaust worked out well.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-22-2019, 10:35 PM
NickBurns NickBurns is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pine Plains NY
Posts: 55
Thanks: 20
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbed69 View Post
Hate to hear about all the trouble,I have all DSE but was hoping this Exhaust worked out well.


BTW - since I went with Detroit speed headers and spent the money I should have ... what exhaust are you running? I am looking for 3Ē stainless and I am trying to stay away from custom..... Thank You in advance !


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Nick's son was last seen finishing up his 1968 Pro Touring Camaro

1968 Pro touring Camaro
ALL DSE Suspension
2017 6.2L made of steel balls
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-22-2019, 11:35 PM
tubbed69's Avatar
tubbed69 tubbed69 is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: WV
Posts: 2,087
Thanks: 7
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Default

I als have the DSE subframe and headers but do not have exhaust yet,I was hoping to get some good feedback on the Holley Blackheart kits to maybe use it instead of doing custom.I was just at Detroit Speed and there is an 18 month wait for them to build exhaust system.There are no good exhaust installers in my area.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tubbed69 For This Useful Post:
NickBurns (03-23-2019)
  #16  
Old 03-23-2019, 11:53 AM
NickBurns NickBurns is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pine Plains NY
Posts: 55
Thanks: 20
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbed69 View Post
I als have the DSE subframe and headers but do not have exhaust yet,I was hoping to get some good feedback on the Holley Blackheart kits to maybe use it instead of doing custom.I was just at Detroit Speed and there is an 18 month wait for them to build exhaust system.There are no good exhaust installers in my area.


Ah I didnít even know DS had plans to make exhausts ..... Iím still far away from completing this gem, it might be worth holding out for...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Nick's son was last seen finishing up his 1968 Pro Touring Camaro

1968 Pro touring Camaro
ALL DSE Suspension
2017 6.2L made of steel balls
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-23-2019, 02:22 PM
tubbed69's Avatar
tubbed69 tubbed69 is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: WV
Posts: 2,087
Thanks: 7
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBurns View Post
Ah I didnít even know DS had plans to make exhausts ..... Iím still far away from completing this gem, it might be worth holding out for...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DSE does custom exhaust but very hard to get in line to get them to work on
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tubbed69 For This Useful Post:
NickBurns (03-23-2019)
  #18  
Old 03-23-2019, 05:17 PM
NickBurns NickBurns is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pine Plains NY
Posts: 55
Thanks: 20
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbed69 View Post
DSE does custom exhaust but very hard to get in line to get them to work on


Ahhh misunderstood - They are the best for sure....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Nick's son was last seen finishing up his 1968 Pro Touring Camaro

1968 Pro touring Camaro
ALL DSE Suspension
2017 6.2L made of steel balls
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-26-2019, 03:08 PM
NickBurns NickBurns is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pine Plains NY
Posts: 55
Thanks: 20
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbed69 View Post
I als have the DSE subframe and headers but do not have exhaust yet,I was hoping to get some good feedback on the Holley Blackheart kits to maybe use it instead of doing custom.I was just at Detroit Speed and there is an 18 month wait for them to build exhaust system.There are no good exhaust installers in my area.


The Detroit Speed Headers are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! There is no comparison ... Just got them today


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Nick's son was last seen finishing up his 1968 Pro Touring Camaro

1968 Pro touring Camaro
ALL DSE Suspension
2017 6.2L made of steel balls
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-26-2019, 03:10 PM
tubbed69's Avatar
tubbed69 tubbed69 is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: WV
Posts: 2,087
Thanks: 7
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBurns View Post
The Detroit Speed Headers are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! There is no comparison ... Just got them today


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are super nice
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Lateral-g.net