Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 02-23-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
i dont have any photos that i want to see , but i have 342 stiches , 27 steel plates , and 55 screws in my head alone ! and still good looking !
I remember that, everyone was sending you cards and all kinds of crap . . . .
Old 02-23-2010, 07:12 PM

I can't compare to some of those stitch counts because I'm probably under 100 total for all my injuries

Stitches and Scars

I had one eyelid 90% ripped off, one nostril got separated from my face, bottom lip about 25% taken off, (all different incedents and no really noticable scars), almost lopped off same index finger twice (scars all the way around that one), bottom of foot was completely ripped open once, and another time on a whitewater rafting trip I had a root go through the bottom of my foot and come out the back of my heel (wasn't fun pulling my foot back off of that, but I still went rafting before driving home 6 hours to the hospital the next day), and various small scar from some minor day surgeries.

Breaks

broken collar bone (still finished playing the football game after that one. I just couldn't catch the ball anymore after that. I could only take handoffs), around a half dozen various ribs (really sucks when they keep hitting your diaphram and sending it into spasms), broken forearm, busted wrist, shattered right hand, broken left hand, fractured shin, fractured ankle, broken foot, and too many broken fingers to count (not too good at making fists anymore)

I think I got them all. Besides that stuff, just the normal twists, sprains, and tears. still debating on cancelling my July surgery to fix my 4 year old torn rotator cuff and remove bone spurs

If you ain't been broken, you ain't been livin!!

http://www.northeastrodrun.com/
Old 02-23-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969 SS View Post
tears. still debating on cancelling my July surgery to fix my 4 year old torn rotator cuff and remove bone spurs

If you ain't been broken, you ain't been livin!!
I have had a total of 4 shoulder repairs done now. The latest being Jan 5th of this year on my left side. Torn Labrum (sp?). Bone spur and some bicep tendon issues. I JUST tore out the repair less than two weeks ago and have no idea exactly how I did it.
My point is that if you have it done be VERY careful afterward. My right shoulder has been done 3 times (last was Oct of '08) I have torn the repairs out of that on as well. I see the surgeon tomorrow again to discuss my next trip to his table.

1970 Camaro.....on the road someday!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:32 PM

I had no idea there were so many messed up people out there, I thought I was lucky to get away with my injuries but you guys are insane!!! Surely some one has got some nasty photos!! Come on!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,546 Times in 850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
i dont have any photos that i want to see , but i have 342 stiches , 27 steel plates , and 55 screws in my head alone ! and still good looking !
Quote:
and still good looking !
Can I borrow that mirror your looking in

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 02-23-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs View Post
I have had a total of 4 shoulder repairs done now. The latest being Jan 5th of this year on my left side. Torn Labrum (sp?). Bone spur and some bicep tendon issues. I JUST tore out the repair less than two weeks ago and have no idea exactly how I did it.
My point is that if you have it done be VERY careful afterward. My right shoulder has been done 3 times (last was Oct of '08) I have torn the repairs out of that on as well. I see the surgeon tomorrow again to discuss my next trip to his table.
I've heard one good story about shoulders, and tons of not so good ones. Right now I suffer everyday, but at least I'm used to it. If I get it done, I just want to plan it perfectly so I can have a happy medium and don't have to worry about not being able to shovel winter's snow, or losing most of my summer playing with my cars. gonna be tough one

http://www.northeastrodrun.com/
Old 02-24-2010, 02:35 AM

this one almost cost me my career... cut 4 tendons, 4 nerves to my fingers, one muscle and one artery, in my dominant hand!.. 4.5 hours of surgery and over 200 stitches, the surgeon did a bang up job.. and saved my careerplans in surgery...

classic hand vs beerglass injury

the zig zag scras is where they opened up to pull the tendons together

Old 02-24-2010, 07:43 AM

Default 1st Scar!

I've been told that my "1st Scar" looks pretty good... I've also been told it was a pretty traumatic experience... but I was a newborn at the time so luckily I don't remember any of it!
Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Last edited by OLDFLM; 02-24-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

WOW!! And I thought mine was "traumatic".
HOLY COW!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 01:02 PM

I don't think I can "win" this contest if Kenny D is involved, but I can blow most people away with volume...I have had 6 knee operations, 2 operations on my right wrist, one on my nose, one on my right shoulder, one on the back of my hand (dislocated a finger so far back in my hand they couldn't pull it out, they had to open it up) my gall bladder out, and I am currently trying NOT to have hernia surgery....plus more stitches than I can count, broken nearly all my fingers, multiple ribs, and currently have an untreated avulsion fracture of my right thumb....my nickname has been "Crash" since I was about 7 and broke my arm at school. I actually managed to get hurt WATCHING darts....it's way past stupid, and well into comical.
Tim