Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2018, 12:36 PM

Default New Toy For My Camaro...

I've Got A New Toy For My Camaro!
Just finished late yesterday evening, a new FiTech EFI system. I went with the Tanks Inc. EFI tank, Walbro 255 in tank pump. My original fuel lines were 3/8" feed and 5/16" return. I had to increase the return to 3/8" per FiTech. Everyone knows how a small block chevrolet is when the engine is cold. I wouldn't get from my house to the front of the sub division without it stumbling on it's face and finally dying when I got to the stop sign. I went as far as taking the manual choke off and putting a electric one on and it still didn't work like I wanted it to.

I went to the garage this morning, got in, never hit the accelerator and the car started right up, idled perfectly. I took off and there was never a hint of stumbling as I drove when it was 23 degrees outside. So far I am really happy with this. I know I've got a lot of playing around to do with this but so far wow! I had been in contact with the FiTech technicians all the while and I'm telling you these guys are ready to help and so far always accessible. I will let everyone know how this goes on down the line...
The Following User Says Thank You to minendrews68 For This Useful Post:
130fe (11-07-2018)