Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Paint and Body
User Name
Password

Old 07-24-2020, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1 TJ View Post
I went with Pilkington and am very happy with it. More importantly the glass installer was very happy with it. I'm car buddies one of the auto glass place in town. He sold it me at cost and charged me a couple hundred to install. Gray tint.
Nice. did it come Gray tinted? I have not seen that offered as an option for pilkington.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:08 PM

I may be wrong. It is gray shading at the top. I will check with my glass guy on Monday for the supplier.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk68 View Post
can you tell me who you ordered from? I tried calling direct and they said they do not sell direct to general public
Did you call Pilkington Classics? They are on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/PilkClassics/
I bought mine from their location in Columbus, OH

You can also buy Pilkington Classics from Summit.
Old 07-26-2020, 11:57 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Pilkington was the company that bought LOF (our oem glass) in the early nineties (iirc)
The green tint is rather a hue, it is the stock "tinted" glass that was an option back in the day, its very faint on some paint and interior tones whilst noticeable on lighter tones.

The fit is oem, but one thing to consider, the Pilkington glass is a mm or two thicker than the cheap stuff.

Most glass shops can order it for you as long as they have a commercial location to ship it too.

Being an old auto glass guy (no longer auto, exception for the rare restoration projects), the Pilkington is the top of the line we can get right now. I've been through four windshields in my 2nd so far, good thing I know a guy lol...
fleetus macmullitz (10-03-2020)
Old 10-03-2020, 07:57 PM

Default Pilkington Glass

Can someone give me the name and phone number of someone that sells Pilkington glass ? I've called their 800 number and they won't even give you the name of a vendor that sells their products. It's like they don't want your business or everything is top secret.
I'm in Richmond ,Va and have a 69 Camaro Coupe and the local glass shops that i've called say they don't sell Pilkington products. (I can almost see why if they are this difficult to deal with) But, from what I read it is the best available from a fit and finish standpoint. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtredsnake View Post
Can someone give me the name and phone number of someone that sells Pilkington glass ? I've called their 800 number and they won't even give you the name of a vendor that sells their products. It's like they don't want your business or everything is top secret.
I'm in Richmond ,Va and have a 69 Camaro Coupe and the local glass shops that i've called say they don't sell Pilkington products. (I can almost see why if they are this difficult to deal with) But, from what I read it is the best available from a fit and finish standpoint. Thanks for any help you can give me.
https://www.summitracing.com/search/...rder=Ascending

Don
The Following User Says Thank You to dhutton For This Useful Post:
svtredsnake (10-03-2020)
Old 10-27-2020, 03:02 PM

Well I am happy to say I got the pilkington glass for my camaro today. I called half a dozen glass companies in CT and all they could get me was front and rear glass from different companies. No one dealt with pilkington. I actually placed my order through Fesler and it came in 1 week and the price was much better than summit. Glad to have this finally behind me. It seems pilkington classic no longer exists as a stand alone company.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to paulk68 For This Useful Post:
Spiffav8 (11-04-2020)
Old 11-04-2020, 12:41 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk68 View Post
Well I am happy to say I got the pilkington glass for my camaro today. I called half a dozen glass companies in CT and all they could get me was front and rear glass from different companies. No one dealt with pilkington. I actually placed my order through Fesler and it came in 1 week and the price was much better than summit. Glad to have this finally behind me. It seems pilkington classic no longer exists as a stand alone company.
It’s the smart way to go. It’s takes a lot of work to get everything aligned and you may go crazy during the process, but it’s worth it. Mine fit near perfect and there is very little wind noise, which I know comes from the wing windows.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiffav8 For This Useful Post:
fleetus macmullitz (11-04-2020)
Old 11-05-2020, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffav8 View Post
It’s the smart way to go. It’s takes a lot of work to get everything aligned and you may go crazy during the process, but it’s worth it. Mine fit near perfect and there is very little wind noise, which I know comes from the wing windows.
Thanks Curtis this is great to hear. After getting the glass I am really happy I went this path. I just started getting all harware in place to mount these. i know it is going to be a pain but not much else to do in my free time these days lol.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to paulk68 For This Useful Post:
Spiffav8 (11-05-2020)