Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 06-05-2020, 08:12 AM

Default Hydroboost and Rack and Pinion, Saginaw P Pump or Type II?

Hello,

I am new to the forum and hoping someone can provide the help I am looking for. I have a 1972 Chevelle with a Steeroids Rack and Pinion Setup and an Astro Van Hydroboost unit with Wilwood Master Cylinder that has been giving me nothing by problems. I have been trying to get the setup to work together for the past 2 years without success. I finally got the brakes sorted out well and the steering is rock hard in both directions. I am on my second power steering pump. Yesterday it started making noise and when I went to remove the power steering cap it was red hot. I am once again in the market for a new pump. I was considering going type II so I could use a remote mount reservoir with a higher fluid capacity, but after doing some reading I am having trouble specifically finding something that will work with hydro and rack & pinion, and have read Type II pumps are hard to bleed. This system is hard to bleed enough. I started researching P Pumps and there isn't much specific information out there. I need some direction,

Thanks

Dan