Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > How To's, Tips, and Tricks
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2021, 08:15 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
I do not have a foot pedal, but it's on the list, as well as a better light. What light did you use? The one that comes with it is better than nothing, but only barely.

I did the nutserts for the view window right off the bat...
On mine, I bought the metal light fixtures that is used to put flood lights on a house with. ( or other uses ) bought from home depot and drilled holes in each corner of the top of the box. Does your cabinet have a light box that bolts on top of the cabinet? Mine did and you could take the box to replace the fluorescent bulbs. Mine is quite old, I think the newer ones did not have this box. After I removed the box there is a glass window for the light to go through. I drilled a hole in each end and mounted the lights from the inside of the cabinet and put a nut on the ends to hold them. Better yet, since I've made this about as clear as mud I will take pictures and post them here.
I used the same light switch but added another female plug to plug the vacuum cleaner into. That way when the lights come on so does the vacuum. Another think that's in the kit is a cover that covers the inlet of the air, which is no longer coming in from the rear but the right side.
Ok, I'll take pictures....
The light bulb holders are similar to these, only you can buy them individually cheaper. https://www.homedepot.com/b/Lighting...ight%20fixture Sorry, the $16 ones. They are threaded where they go into that flange, but you will drill holes and mount to the cabinet.

I think these were the bulbs: https://www.homedepot.com/s/led%2520...520bulb?NCNI-5
Don't go buy any of these because I want to check out and get absolute pics and part numbers. Be sure to use the outdoor flood lamps because they are made of glass (not plastic) and will hold up a lot longer than the plastic ones.
Feit Electric75-Watt Equivalent PAR30 Dimmable Security or Outdoor Track Lighting ENERGY STAR 90+ CRI Spot LED Light Bulb, Daylight
Shop this Collection

Last edited by minendrews68; 09-23-2021 at 08:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to minendrews68 For This Useful Post:
camcojb (09-23-2021)