Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 10-06-2009, 04:20 PM

Default New Guy/college budget 70 Nova build

Hey guys I figured I would introduce myself and my project to learn some new things and get ideas. I'm a 20 year old in college at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, as of right now I'm majoring in Aerospace Engineering but that will change because i have decided to change majors to Automotive Engineering because thats what i love! I have grown up around cars my entire life, my whole family is huge into cars so I will have alot of help and this will be a great project for me and my dad.

Anyways enough about me, the car is a 1970 Chevrolet Nova. All original, 307 bench seat car. It is about as plain jane as it gets, no a/c, no power brakes, no power steering.

The Plan:
1) The body? Its in the shop as i write this getting body work and paint done, the color will be a charcoal/gunmetal with the bumpers painted to match. I at first thought about a black yenko stripe down the side but now I'm thinking about some kind of stripe that goes across the hood and fenders?

2) The wheels? Right now im leaning towards some Rushforth Rated X in gunmetal.

3) The engine? Will more than likely be a LT1/T-56 combo. I should be able to find a whole car relatively cheap.

4) The suspension? I'm still unsure about but thats why I'm here to get ideas, so any and all will be appreciated.

I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out but thats all i can think of for now. The purpose of the car will be a good handling, strong daily driver. So I'm not doing anything crazy. And its going to be built on a budget, at the most for now around $9,000 and then I will save up and add other things later on. I would love to hear from everyone here and get to know everyone and get some great ideas. So thanks to everyone in advance and if you have any more questions then just ask.
Attached Images

Last edited by 00blackbirdws6; 10-06-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:55 PM

Welcome! Can't have too many Novas around here. A UA student to boot. Roll Tide!

John