Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 05-21-2011, 01:58 AM

Default updates ?

Hallo Erik its been a while any updates on your projekt ?
Old 05-21-2011, 02:51 PM

Hi Martin, I broke my wrist (req surgery) and a vertebra in my back playing hockey so haven't been able to get any work done in a while. I'll be fine in a couple more weeks. Before I got hurt and since my last post I've got some stuff done, not worthy of any pics though.

Got my Vaporworx gas tank and am going to try my healing wrist out this weekend getting it put together. I also got my clutch master push rod shortened and a rod end put on it so I can attach it to the clutch pedal. Wanted to mount both clutch switches too in case I needed them so I got that figured out and made a clutch pedal stop at the same time.

Only other thing I've been able to do while hurt is order some parts I need. Mostly little stuff, plumbing fittings and stuff.

BTW, my Dad is in DK right now.

69 Camaro
Several other things with wheels and engines

https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=27133
Old 07-19-2011, 04:08 PM

Well I may be setting the slow record for completing a project but I have gotten some stuff done lately.

Got my Vaporworx tank all setup with the fuel pump module. I was going to modify a stock fuel pump wiring harness myself but in the interest of time just bought one ready to go from CarlC and I'm glad I did. Carl did an excellent job designing the whole Vaporworx setup:

I'm planning on all AN fitting plumbing with teflon hose so I modified my Vintage Air heater line fittings for this. Still don't know how I'm going to connect to the heater control valve. Anyone know of an AN equipped heater control valve that'll work with the VA kit?

Next was my clutch pedal linkage. I bought the DSE clutch master mounting bracket and shortened the clutch master pushrod and threaded the end for a 1/4" rod end just for the adjustability. I went round and round about the best place to connect the pushrod to on the clutch pedal arm. Probably not necessary but I ended up welding the original hole up and drilling another one for what I thought was a slightly better angle on the pushrod. I also made a pedal stop and a mount for a clutch switch. Still need to put a little plate or something on the clutch pedal arm to actuate the switch.

Then I had to do something for a steam line. I didn't want to go all the way to the radiator with it so I first cut off the nipple that goes to the radiator and welded up that hole on the driver side. I then drilled a hole in the top of the passenger side of the line (drilled a small pilot hole in from the bottom first so it was centered) and tapped it 1/8 NPT for the AN tee that I screwed into it. I decided on the tee so I could cap the top fitting and use it as an air bleed when filling it with coolant. I then bent up a new line that I ran down to the heater core return side of the water pump as this is where it goes on my Trailblazer SS. I also removed the heater hose nipples with a little map gas heat and tapped the holes for the pipe thread to AN adapters. I got the radiator hose AN fittings off eBay from a company called Custom Built Motors. Seem to be nice pieces but the upper one presses in and not sure I could get it out again without damage if the water pump needed to be replaced.

69 Camaro
Several other things with wheels and engines

https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=27133