Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Interior and Electrical
User Name
Password

Old 06-24-2019, 11:56 AM

Default Door poppers and C6 door switches

I'm considering shaving the door handles on my project car. It's a 2nd gen fbody. I'm looking at some spal or electric life door poppers. I'd like an exterior door switch from a C6 corvette too though.

I would like electric locks. The exterior door switches would only trigger the door poppers when the car was in the unlocked mode. Has anyone tried this or know how it would be done? I was thinking I would have to run power to the door popper through a relay that only let power to the popper when the car was unlocked, but I'm not too sure or good with wiring. When unlocked pressing the door switch fires the popper. When the car is locked, pressing the exterior door switch does nothing. As a last resort I'll just have my shaved door handles only controllable from the outside via the key fob like everyone else, but the exterior door switch allows the passenger to get in at their leisure without reliance on the driver so long as the door is unlocked.

On a side note, are the bear claw latches a good investment for a 2nd gen fbody while I'm at it?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:26 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I am using C6 latches in my car and billet outer door handles with the button inside the grip part.

https://lokar.com/ge-12v-doorhandle.html

There is no lock or unlock on those latches though. I'm using the security disable function on my Infinity Box to disable to latches when the system is armed. I'm running the back up release cable to my door lock though so I still have a way to get in the car should the battery die or something.