Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 04-22-2019, 06:23 AM

Hey Joe.
I do qualify however it would be very difficult to benefit from litigation as this is a large company with deep pockets and strong legal groups. Also harder to prove then deny.
Remote leaders are very rare and I am most effective when on the ground. Unless the entire team is remote.
Thank you for the thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by out2kayak View Post
Do you have a case for litigation due to lack of compliance with the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/statutes/adea.cfm)?

Not sure if you have government / government support businesses that do software in your area, but it's worth taking a look and they tend to comply with the various discrimination laws a bit more rigorously.

If your a strong leader in software, there is a strong market available regardless of your age, but it really depends on where your located. Something to also check out is a telecommute gig. Being in a leadership role is more difficult, but if you still have software skills that are in demand, there are opportunities out there.

Thoughts?
Old 04-22-2019, 06:30 AM

Default Relocation and other ideas

Considering (leaning heavily towards) relocating. When it rains it pours; don’t ask ... but yeah moving is now on the table.

Looking for thoughts on locations
Calafornia ?
Austin TX
Seattle WA
New York (city)
Any other areas I should consider

Assuming of course I could find something, the market is strong so I think so. If I am going to move across the country then Iwabt to go where thier is strong car culture
Old 04-22-2019, 06:59 PM

CANADA... Waterloo Ontario. We smell God damn fantastic, we drink , fight and play hockey way better then anyone else , free health care. Ummmmm oh you can practice drifting donuts and such in the winter and everyone just thinks oh hey theres Dave out for a rip bud
Old 04-22-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLexusTech View Post
Considering (leaning heavily towards) relocating. When it rains it pours; don’t ask ... but yeah moving is now on the table.

Calafornia ?
Austin TX
Seattle WA
New York (city)

Assuming of course I could find something, the market is strong so I think so. If I am going to move across the country then Iwabt to go where thier is strong car culture
I would consider the DFW area, Plano and Richardson in particular. Pretty strong tech hiring and less expensive than Austin.

Don
The Following User Says Thank You to dhutton For This Useful Post:
XLexusTech (04-22-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 08:06 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:

Calafornia ?
Austin TX
Seattle WA
New York (city)

#1 — having been married to someone that was head of HR all of her career — it’s MUCH better to job hunt while still employed.

#2 — I travel a lot - and have lived in New York City - Seattle and California.
New York City is CRAZY expensive - so even if you have a fantastic job - you’ll be hard pressed to live decently.

Seattle is turning into a cesspool of homeless and immigrants..... After 30 years of living there - you couldn’t pay me to go back. And that rain everyone talks about — yeah — it’s miserable. Gray dark cold - and the most beautiful place in the country in the spring and summer.

California is another place that USED to be great - but once again - when you factor in the housing costs - taxes on EVERYTHING - ridiculous commutes - ridiculous prices. If you’re rich and can live in Newport Beach.... and not have to commute - it would be great....

Austin is one of my favorite towns. It’s fun - it’s hip - it’s growing - it has a nice lake (Travis) - trees - hills - affordable housing.... in the suburbs - or live downtown and walk everywhere.... it has a great food scene and music.... has a great race track.... BBQ....
The Following User Says Thank You to GregWeld For This Useful Post:
XLexusTech (04-22-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 08:55 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Atlanta. We have plenty of software and tech. I'm not sure if it's in your particular area of expertise though. We've got a better car culture than most of the other places listed as well. Cost of living isn't bad depending on which area you're in. Give it a look. Good luck to you!

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
The Following User Says Thank You to WSSix For This Useful Post:
XLexusTech (04-23-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:

Calafornia ?
Austin TX
Seattle WA
New York (city)

Austin is the only place on that list i'd consider for the reasons listed. North' Carolina?

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors
Old 05-08-2019, 07:09 AM

I'm in the tech business myself and travel nationally for work.

Id stay out of CA it's too expensive at this point.

My favorites on the list are Austin / Phx both with strong tech markets.

Have you considered looking at resellers? Typically they are in demand of PM's and have a better work life balance than some of the OEM's.
The Following User Says Thank You to Try2paz For This Useful Post:
XLexusTech (05-08-2019)