Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Paint and Body
User Name
Password

Old 11-22-2005, 08:38 AM

Default Lizard Skin..Fact or Fiction?

I have a heat ptoblem in my Chevelle. I'm running a 454 bored .060 with a BDS 8-71 Supercharger. I have recently gone to Ceramic coated headers and have had a custom installed 3" SS Magnaflow Exhaust. I'm hoping that will disipate some of the heat.

I'm planning on spraying the interior of my 72 Chevelle with Lizard Skin, front to back. Has anyone used the product? Any problems? Good, bad or indiferent? Any suggestions?

Dan
Old 12-01-2005, 09:09 AM

Looks like a top notch product, I'm planning on using it in my car. The only knowledge I have with it was from their booth at the PRI show last year though. Not the cheapest, but it sure is alot lighter than the asphalt based stuff and seemed to have better heat insulating properties.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:49 PM

My uncle will be using this product on his shelby cobra kit car very soon. He went and saw a demo of this product and he said that it was amazing. They coated the bottom of a cooking pan halfway and turned a burner on to 400 degrees. Then took and ice cube, one on both sides, and waited for the result. Without the skin the ice melted melted right away while the coated side was unharmed. Wish I would used this product on my car instead of dynamat extreme.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:17 PM

Not to high jack….

3rd base - if your uncle is not planning to, he should run air ducts from the front "brake cooling" openings on the car to a waste gate mounted on the foot boxes. I used choke cable pull cables mounted high under the dash to control the gates. I did this mod on my cobra and it was great for summer with fresh air blowing on your feet. I also added bilge blowers from West Marine to help keep air flowing all the time. I mounted them high up under the fenders.
Just a thought to help out another cobra builder.