Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 05-15-2021, 08:04 AM

Default Doing the Right thing?

Need to Sage advice...

Ordered a part from a vendor.. wont mention who don't want to drag them through the Mudd..

ordered with a delivery commitment of 30 days. After 45 days and no communication I finally get him on the phone.... "Oh can't get this part of the assembly due to covid.. but its coming next week... (PS said component was in stock at Summit)

another week nothing.. another two weeks nothing.. can't get a call or email back.. Finally after 3 months I get the part..
its wrong, I try to contact.. no reply..

SO I order the parts to make it right.. from summit.. which cost me just about 25% of the part cost.. then I go to fit and the back half is also wrong. (Both these were explicitly documented in the original order). this cost me another few bucks..

AND I dispute the order with my CC company.... more weeks go by.. no reply.. I tell him I cancelled the card.. how does he want to work this out.. NO reply..

FOUR weeks go buy.. I get a shipping label to return the part... Which I had to spend 1/2 the original cost to make right and is now installed..

Part ordered in December... return label comes to my May 14th.. Price paid 600 bucks... Parts to fix ~350.00

I don't want to screw the guy.. but he doesn't reply to me.. and I refuse to pay full price at this point after this.. and any warranty is out the window..

What do you think I do form here.. ?

PS its not about the $$ I need it less then most.. its about doing the right thing.. on both sides..

Last edited by XLexusTech; 05-15-2021 at 08:07 AM.
Old 05-15-2021, 10:11 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Whatever the vendors reasons, supply, manufac issue, sick parakeet...communication is key, and for the part to be unusable as shipped is not acceptable.
I don't see any reason not to go public. If they want to give their side, great. That's how things like this get made right and a reputation is built...or the opposite, a janky operation gets exposed.

Jeff-
Old 05-15-2021, 10:41 AM

I think if the company wanted to make it right they would have contacted you about the problem. Why not take your call or answer you emails? Sounds like your being avoided. I know it sucks we try to help out the little guy and the vendors that are on this site.

Honestly I find I order alot from Jegs and Summit. Especially if it said it's in stock. It ships out right away.

John