Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 01-22-2013, 07:50 PM

Default '72 Chevelle Malibu-TIME & MONEY

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r...72%20CHEVELLE/

This is my chevelle that i picked up at the end of last summer.has the 307 with an automatic.it does run. drums all the way around.it's been repainted at one time. I paid $3500 for it. not sure if it was to much but it was only 30 mins from were i live and he trailered it home for me. i was searching for a 68-72 chevelle for months but nothing was coming up that i thought was right for me. either they were to far or straight rust buckets,no drive train or projects that were started and just turned into a pile of junk.

My plans for the chevelle for now are to buy a mig welder and some more tools. Then buy the full trunk floor.inner/outer wheel wells,drop off pans and whatever else comes up on the rear of the chevelle. lower quarters need replaced i'm not sure if i should do the whole quarter or get the goodmark 2/3 quarters. any feed back on that would be greatly appreciated.

i havn't decided on wheels but i saw a rendering of a chevelle with the 2009 zr1 wheels that really stood out to me. i wouldn't mind doing something like "JACKASS" with the zr1 wheels and a corvette brake set up. i like how it looks plus it keeps it all chevy. Just gotta do some research to see if i can get some c5/c6 stuff that will work on the chevelle. i'm new to this but i know what i want.

as far as the engine i'd like an LS hopefully the 6.0 or 6.3 but that's no where in the near future. we'll see what happens.

it will take alot of TIME and alot of Money but i'm going to stick with it.

My goal is to beat the **** out of it and at least do one Power Tour with it.

Thanks to all of you on the site !!! I've been going through the threads,wish i could go through them all. Doesn't matter what thread i choose to read and look at, it's all MOTIVATIONAL !!!!

-Will DeClet
Old 01-22-2013, 08:14 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Welcome Will. Looks like a good starting point. $3500 wasn't to much if that's what you wanted and it was worth it to you. Keep us in the loop....lots of pics and updates.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:30 PM

thanks !!! once the spring rolls around i will start working on it and post the pics of the progress. I'll be keeping an eye on yours. i want to see what it looks like with the wheels on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
Welcome Will. Looks like a good starting point. $3500 wasn't to much if that's what you wanted and it was worth it to you. Keep us in the loop....lots of pics and updates.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:54 PM

Lots of potential - I love those year Chevelles. The biggest hurdles ahead of you - setting a schedule and budget

Jim
Old 02-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Hey welcome. Anytime somebody is building a bigger car than me it's exciting.

Let me help get you motivated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironworks View Post
Well it's Monday after the show. Unloaded the cars out of the hauler in the chilly 32 degrees this morning. BURRRR.

The show went great, I think we may have sold the most frames ever at an event. And we got a ton of new project interest. And took and very reasonable offer on the Super 69 Camaro project with a very serious client. The Grip Equipped wheels were a hit and the Rick's Tanks flyer disappeared like free candy.

Here are some ride height pics of the Chevelle after we took it out of the hauler.

This last picture is an excellent example of why you powder coat or paint the fuel tank black on these cars. HAHA

Back to work.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171

Old 02-07-2013, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETorino View Post
Hey welcome. Anytime somebody is building a bigger car than me it's exciting.

Let me help get you motivated.
NOBODY HAS A BIGGER CAR THEN YOU BUDDY!!

Welcome Will. Looks like a great start you got there

Accelerating is optional...........stopping is mandatory. Your car WILL stop one way or another.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:19 PM

will good start on a great car(I have the same yr as you) a big that still weights less than a new camaro! Lol! A big ass chevelle is like a women with niice round curves in the right places...you can never get enough of them.I guess that's why I bought the wife 36 double d's! I can't wait to get home from work now...to see the chevelle,right!