Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 12-08-2017, 05:09 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
I simply turned stupid and decided that the car deserved an LS7. [/url]
Man...wait a minute, that's one sweet build Scott. You told me you had something up your sleeve, but I didn't know you were gonna step up your game like that. Can't wait for the start up video bro.

Last edited by 214Chevy; 12-08-2017 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:50 PM

That's killer, Scott. Should be a handful once done. You've got the bring it down to Caffeine and Octane once done.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 12-08-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
Jesus. That is a beast.

What power you projecting / hoping for?
Should be fun. Not looking to meet any power goals. I’ve followed many of Tony’s builds on CorvetteForum, and those guys go 640ish to the tires with similar camshaft...some more, some less. I’d be happy with 625, but I’m secretly expecting a 650 number. Can’t wait!
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!
Old 12-08-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSSix View Post
That's killer, Scott. Should be a handful once done. You've got the bring it down to Caffeine and Octane once done.
Going to for sure. Gotta get out more!
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

Old 12-09-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
SUP guys! Been a while since I’ve posted here. Car is great, but didn’t have a ton of time to enjoy it this year due to work. I’ve had an engine project going since January, and it’s finally in the car. Not started yet, but we’re close. Nothing wrong with the engine in the car at all, I simply turned stupid and decided that the car deserved an LS7. So I began putting together a plan. I’m not one to ever settle with what’s available, and I wanted to put something together a little bigger, and a little more powerful than what comes in a crate. I thought that 434 cubic inches would work well as a package, so I bought a block and sent it out to Steve at Race Engine Development (RED) in Oceanside Ca. to be sleeved. I also made a phone call to Tony Mamo to see what he could do to a set of GM LS7 heads that I had, to make them work better, and that’s where the project took a slight turn. Tony’s LS7 Head program uses TrickFlow 260 cc castings, and make big power. Tony sold me lots of goodies besides his LS7 265 cylinder heads, such as his ported MSD Atomic manifold, a Nick Williams 102 throttle body, state of the art solid roller lifters, solid camshaft, shaft rockers, ported oil pump, push rods, custom head gaskets, and more. There are a lot of details in this new engine that you have to check out, and I’ve put together a build thread over on LS1Tech. I’ll update this with pics after install is complete. Anyway, here’s a link if your interested...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

You will love that motor... similiar to what went into my Mullet Mobile.

68 GMC C1500
Haulin more than the mail

73 Camaro
Better grow a mullet

70 K5 - 4wd turned 2wd
Project might as well...

Known as John or "JJ"
Old 03-20-2018, 09:24 PM

Scott,
Just spent the better part of an hour going through your build. I hadn't seen it before.

Awesome work! Looking forward to the 434 updates...

I had a 72 just out of high school over 44 years ago. Kinda miss it...

My 68 Torino
Old 03-21-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
Looking forward to the 434 updates...
Yeah Scott!! How's that sweet motor coming along...?

Old 03-24-2018, 10:51 PM

Sitting here deployed on my day off, found this thread and read through it. Outstanding work. I grew up in the back seat of a 72 Chevelle, so seeing your car come together brought back some memories.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
Scott,
Just spent the better part of an hour going through your build. I hadn't seen it before.

Awesome work! Looking forward to the 434 updates...

I had a 72 just out of high school over 44 years ago. Kinda miss it...
Joe, I appreciate the props. Yours was almost new when you had it. Mine was 40 years old when I drove it home. It’s been a fun ride.

Thanks Dad!!

Old 03-25-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
Yeah Scott!! How's that sweet motor coming along...?
Well Marcus...it’s stout. So stout that the clutch didn’t want to stick around for the encore. I have the engine so close to the firewall, that it all has to come out to get the bellhousing off. No big deal right? After all, I own a killer set of tools, and have a shop to goof off in. I bought an RPS BC2, so I’m covered there.
But wait...there’s more. The corvette fuel pressure regulator won’t work with a really big pump, like my 450 that I installed for this engine. Of course I had no idea it wouldn’t work with big pressure/volume! It was perfect for my previous pump, which was a 255. I had this incredible idle surge at startup, which we eventually tuned out. Thought it was timing mostly. Well after a couple weeks I decided to put a gauge on my rail, you know, just for giggles. 75 lbs of fuel pressure later, I realized what my idle surge was from. This combined with 3 sets of fouled plugs, the first set which was fuel. 2nd and 3rd set I thought was fuel as well, was actually oil. The fuel pressure issue probably washed the cylinders down to the point of hurting my rings. Not really sure yet until we dig back in. Got to mess with it for about 40 miles. First drive out, it would spin the tires in 4th gear. It’s stupid stout. Tony Mamo without a doubt builds the best ls7 package out there. I’ve alread got new head gaskets from Tony, and I’m just waiting to get my nephews silveraydo out of the shop that I’m putting a 6liter in that I just finished. All this on top of work, and I’ve been a busy boy.
Besides all of that, everything is great. Lol!

Thanks Dad!!