Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 03-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
Tony I'm going to be trying to atleast hear it run!!!
I hope so too! If you do Wayne,.....we want/need a video please!!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:05 AM

Wayne, Great work!

I was wondering while looking at your trunk when i saw the hinges support (the part where they welde to tubs) and since i have not followed your build in awhile, i was wondering if you are just 'Dry building' it to test everything before final paint and assembly at this point or if you really are doing finition work before paint? To each their own way but i was not even sure if the car was painted or not by looking at all those close up shots and having no idea of what color you are going with (not really seeing the body panels) .
Me,I would be afraid of overspraying all that hard work you are doing if you are doing it that way.... Even if taping very well...You know bad luck can hapen right, yeah, i know you can RELATE lol!!!

Your trunk looks VERY nice too! Keep it up!

Lead.

New for summer '13. My latest find!!

48k miles, 100% original, 1969 Camaro coupe. Untouched, never apart and squeaky clean!!! 327/th350, A/C car. Gold on black w/vinyl top. Only add ons; Fast ratio box and SS396 wheels.

FINALLY!!! A car without rust repairs ever!!! None before, none coming!!! Cant come to modifying it tough....

...So, '67 Camaro project with my laying around stuff out of my black 'vert. 468 BB and YSI blower, braked th400, 12 bolt/spool, 35 splines etc. Complete Calvert suspension front and rear. 30x13.5 ET Streets, caged, lightened, slammed and running low 9's "Street car"
Old 07-08-2012, 12:05 PM

Thanks The trunk is finish painted. The rest of the car is only in primer. I figured better this way rather than having me leaning over a painted tail panel and quarters. I'm a big guy and don't have the grace of a ballerina. More like a bull in a china shop.
Work has been held up because of some medical problems. Especially multiple rotator cuff tears in each shoulder. I can't raise my arms for more than a couple of minutes with very little strength. I got cortisone?? shots last week to help with the pain.Still trying to do small stuff.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:40 PM

Looking good!! Just got caught up.

Rich
Old 07-09-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Thanks The trunk is finish painted. The rest of the car is only in primer. I figured better this way rather than having me leaning over a painted tail panel and quarters. I'm a big guy and don't have the grace of a ballerina. More like a bull in a china shop.
Work has been held up because of some medical problems. Especially multiple rotator cuff tears in each shoulder. I can't raise my arms for more than a couple of minutes with very little strength. I got cortisone?? shots last week to help with the pain.Still trying to do small stuff.
Sorry to hear bout that man...I can relate, i had 2 back surgeries in the last 5 years and they said i might not walk again..I was in bed for like 2 years and now i'm doing great 9well someday it still keeps me down but hey, i'm standing up!!!) With all that you've been thru with your project, one would think God would at least spare you physically... Hang in there brother!! Its coming along nicely!!!

Lead.

Looking at yours got me to take out my 67 Basket case yesterday and clean her up....Never know where that can lead lol!!! At the very least she loooks better in the carport...!!!

New for summer '13. My latest find!!

48k miles, 100% original, 1969 Camaro coupe. Untouched, never apart and squeaky clean!!! 327/th350, A/C car. Gold on black w/vinyl top. Only add ons; Fast ratio box and SS396 wheels.

FINALLY!!! A car without rust repairs ever!!! None before, none coming!!! Cant come to modifying it tough....

...So, '67 Camaro project with my laying around stuff out of my black 'vert. 468 BB and YSI blower, braked th400, 12 bolt/spool, 35 splines etc. Complete Calvert suspension front and rear. 30x13.5 ET Streets, caged, lightened, slammed and running low 9's "Street car"
Old 08-08-2012, 07:28 PM

Hey Wayne, hope you're feeling better. Get well soon so you can work on that beast sitting in your garage. Take care.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:29 PM

Thanks Tony. I go to Tufts Medical tomorrow for 3 hours of pretesting for my Aug. 30th hip replacement. AGAIN! I hope number two is the charm.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:31 PM

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Thanks Tony. I go to Tufts Medical tomorrow for 3 hours of pretesting for my Aug. 30th hip replacement. AGAIN! I hope number two is the charm.

That's a great day to get anything done -- since it's my birthday!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:43 PM

When I go I'll tell the sergeon its your birthday , maybe we'll have cake! He already thinks I'm nuts, I told him to save the cobalt piece of the hip they remove so I can mount it in the garage. I can't wait until someone askes me what it's for. lol I figure all the money it cost to put in the first time I might as well get some use out of it.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:53 PM

Good luck Wayne!