Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 08-04-2012, 09:12 AM

Here are a few more pictures of the suspension and stainless line in addition to the first pictures of my NEW GM LS3 Crate Engine and TKO600 5 Speed make their appearance. This set up is quite an upgrade from the 350 small block + 4-speed I have now.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

That motor is going to be great in there.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:13 PM

I want one too!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:11 PM

The Corvette C6 Chassis for my 1964 Corvette C2 is nearing completion and Street Shop has asked to display it at the upcoming 2012 Carlisle Corvette show!!! So – for those of you who are planning on going anyway, stop by their display booth to see the chassis in person – you will see it before I do!!!
The following series of build pictures shows more of the details of the chassis build:

In the spirit of sticking with all (or as much) Corvette C5/C6 parts as possible, I decided to use the C5/6 Disk Brake set-up, including the red powder-coated front and rear calipers. Yes, I even decided to use the Corvette inscribed front calipers.

Here are close up pictures of the front and rear suspension. Super clean and super modern!! Take a look at the A-arms and coil-overs!

Here are a couple of wide shots of the chassis as it sits now. Once the plating is completed, the engine accessories will be installed and of course lowered onto the frame along with the mated transmission. The Stainless gas tank will need to be installed along with the drive shaft from what I can see from the pictures.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:34 PM

Looking good!

69 Camaro PT project- LS3/4L70e, Budnik's, Ridetech, Speedtech, Wilwood, DSE tubs, 4 link, shortened Moser 12 bolt- in progress
Old 08-12-2012, 08:08 PM

While the chassis is being completed – more pictures to come when the engine and transmission are installed along with the additional items to complete the rolling chassis – I have turned to making progress on the Corvette itself. The chassis is the sexy part of this amazing transformation but the task remains to restore the driver quality Corvette so that it is worthy of this new Street Shop C6 chassis.
I have made the following progress:
1. The bumpers and side window chrome have been removed, disassembled and now are at the chrome shop getting the show quality treatment. Below is a picture of the side window assemblies as delivered to the chrome facility; the side window regulators literally disintegrated in my hands so new ones will have to be purchased.

2. The bumper brackets have all been removed from the old frame and are at the power coaters now.

3. The following pictures show the Corvette being loaded onto the carrier on its way to the soda blasters to remove the old white paint job from the 1990’s.

Two days later, here is the body back from the soda blasters with virtually no paint. Now we can assess what the body will need to become pristine once more. We noticed some “work” done in the driver rear end and rear right passenger quarter.

Last edited by Vetterodder com; 08-12-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:39 PM

Was that car originally sunfire yellow?
Old 08-16-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
Was that car originally sunfire yellow?
No. According to the trim tag, the Corvette was originally silver with black interior.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:38 AM

Street Shop has installed the LS3 and TKO600 5speed onto the chassis. The following shows different angles of the chassis with the engine and transmission installed. The driveshaft is on its way as well as the pulley items still at the plating shop.

The Rock Valley stainless steel gas tank has arrived and looks amazing. As you can see, the boys from Street Shop have prepared and installed the gas tank onto the chassis

And finally, in order for the rolling chassis to be “rolling” I needed to provide them with wheels and tires. I chose the reproduction Corvette ZR1 wheels to keep with the Corvette theme and wrapped them with Michelins
Old 08-16-2012, 07:28 PM

Looks awesome! If you need inspiration check out corvette joe alaska on you tube. He has couple cool midyear projects.