Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Vendor Specific Technical Discussions and Support > Speedtech Performance USA
User Name
Password

Old 10-09-2014, 02:00 PM

Well, most of the truck's parts are in boxes and I suppose photos of boxes wouldn't do much for bling bling numbers so in time we'll post as we go.

If you're referring to the new suspension products it's new enough that the individual components are not back from the laser cutter yet. As we get parts assembled and get things put together we'll definitely be posting pics.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben@SpeedTech View Post
... So along with this build will come one of the first of Speedtech's new line of full frame products!
GREAT!! About time somebody came out with a "first" product for something other than a 69 Camaro. I been waiting on the pro-touring world to catch up to these trucks. I can't wait to the see the frame as well.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:46 AM

Lol! We love the F bodies but there are plenty of other cars out there that need some lovins too. For now on the program are the C10s, A bodies, Tri 5 Chevys and 58-64 Impalas. For the future we're looking into early Mustangs and we'll take it from there.

The goal with all of this is to take what we already know and do well and bring it to the next level of performance in a complete package that is affordable. In doing that we cover the needs of you guys, and keep the doors open and continue bringing new products to market. It's all win win.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Lol! We love the F bodies but there are plenty of other cars out there that need some lovins too. For now on the program are the C10s, A bodies, Tri 5 Chevys and 58-64 Impalas. For the future we're looking into early Mustangs and we'll take it from there.

The goal with all of this is to take what we already know and do well and bring it to the next level of performance in a complete package that is affordable. In doing that we cover the needs of you guys, and keep the doors open and continue bringing new products to market. It's all win win.
I have a 65 Impala, I think it or a 67 would make a killer pro-touring car since they have more "swoopy" lines than the earlier Impalas, IMO
Old 10-10-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainofiron View Post
I have a 65 Impala, I think it or a 67 would make a killer pro-touring car since they have more "swoopy" lines than the earlier Impalas, IMO
I agree, my dad had a 66 Impala when I was younger and a buddy in high school had a 67 Caprice so I'm partial to both of those bodies. When I was in my 20s I wanted to buy a local 67 Impala that was for sale. The evening I planned to go get it we were doing inventory at work. I told the owner of the car I'd be there at 8:00 and one slacker employee held us all up. I got there at 8:45 and the guy told me he had just sold it 30 minutes ago. Man was I not a happy camper!

The mid+ 60's Impalas may eventually be on the drawing board if the demand is there for it. For now we'll be focusing on the X frame cars, there seems to be a decent amount folks that want something better for those cars.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I agree, my dad had a 66 Impala when I was younger and a buddy in high school had a 67 Caprice so I'm partial to both of those bodies. When I was in my 20s I wanted to buy a local 67 Impala that was for sale. The evening I planned to go get it we were doing inventory at work. I told the owner of the car I'd be there at 8:00 and one slacker employee held us all up. I got there at 8:45 and the guy told me he had just sold it 30 minutes ago. Man was I not a happy camper!

The mid+ 60's Impalas may eventually be on the drawing board if the demand is there for it. For now we'll be focusing on the X frame cars, there seems to be a decent amount folks that want something better for those cars.
sorry for the thread Hi-jack
call Bret at RideTech he has a sweet 66 Impala for sale maybe you guys can talk him out of it cheap...never know..

back to the regularly scheduled posting
Bangshift Stories
I’m not the smartest guy at the track … but when he goes home … I’m still there testing, tuning, learning & getting faster.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:28 PM

Subscribing. Have a 68 GMC C15, a 71 K5 that will be 2wd and a 72K5 with a Cummins in it.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:49 PM

Default Great product idea

Great idea to work with the C10. Love the idea of it being able to autox but would also like to hear about it being able to do more than just autox. Rendering is very nice and love the idea of a new frame for the market that isn't a Mustang II spin-off.

Rod
Old 10-10-2014, 02:07 PM

Hey Rod- That's a clean looking Impala. We will likely be in the market for a 55 Chevy before we delve in the Impala tho'.

We'll put on the list for 3 frames then grendel!

HB- Let us know what you mean by more than autocross. It should have the same good street manners as any of our current products and with an air system should drop pretty close to the ground for the show guys. It definately won't go rock crawling in Moab, but that's what Jeeps are for.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:31 PM

Hey, Ben....I know it'll be a few before we see pics of the frame. But, uhhh, just about how long we're talking here guy?