...

Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Race Cars and Modern Pro-Street
User Name
Password



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Flash68's Avatar
Flash68 Flash68 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 9,070
Thanks: 34
Thanked 111 Times in 72 Posts
Default

Love the car and the build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in SoCal View Post
I remember the car from Sears point - removable FG door?
Wrong car and wrong track name. Sonoma Raceway. Get it right out-of-towner.
__________________
1968 Camaro SB2.2
2004 Mustang LS2
2014 Keezer
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-07-2014, 02:27 PM
Flash68's Avatar
Flash68 Flash68 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 9,070
Thanks: 34
Thanked 111 Times in 72 Posts
Default

Oh, and on the Jongbloed wheel mock up thing.... I bet Ryan would let you take something if he has one there in the size you are thinking. He let me do it last year when my car was in Gilroy.
__________________
1968 Camaro SB2.2
2004 Mustang LS2
2014 Keezer
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-08-2014, 04:11 AM
358Mustang 358Mustang is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Watsonville, CA
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
Love the car and the build.



Wrong car and wrong track name. Sonoma Raceway. Get it right out-of-towner.
Thanks man.
And I will always call that place sears point. Haha
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-08-2014, 04:12 AM
358Mustang 358Mustang is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Watsonville, CA
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
Oh, and on the Jongbloed wheel mock up thing.... I bet Ryan would let you take something if he has one there in the size you are thinking. He let me do it last year when my car was in Gilroy.
I'll talk to him about that, what size and offset did you end up with? And what is your approx front track width?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-08-2014, 09:48 PM
chetly chetly is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 178
Thanks: 4
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
Love the car and the build.



Wrong car and wrong track name. Sonoma Raceway. Get it right out-of-towner.

Yeah, Sonoma Raceway is for corporate weenies. That place will always be Sears Point. I have a hat from 83 to prove it!!!

I do love the idea of the car. It's going to be nice seeing another mustang out on the road.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Flash68's Avatar
Flash68 Flash68 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 9,070
Thanks: 34
Thanked 111 Times in 72 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 358Mustang View Post
I'll talk to him about that, what size and offset did you end up with? And what is your approx front track width?
I am at 18x12 front w/ 7.5 BS and 18x13 rear w/ 8.5 BS.

Front TREAD width outside of tire to outside of tire is 75 or 75.5 if I recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetly View Post
Yeah, Sonoma Raceway is for corporate weenies. That place will always be Sears Point. I have a hat from 83 to prove it!!!
Um... did you mean Infineon is for corporate weenies?

Now, let's see that hat!
__________________
1968 Camaro SB2.2
2004 Mustang LS2
2014 Keezer
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-10-2014, 07:44 PM
358Mustang 358Mustang is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Watsonville, CA
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
I am at 18x12 front w/ 7.5 BS and 18x13 rear w/ 8.5 BS.

Front TREAD width outside of tire to outside of tire is 75 or 75.5 if I recall.



Um... did you mean Infineon is for corporate weenies?

Now, let's see that hat!
Ok nice. Pretty deep BS, I was doing some rough numbers with the spindle/hub setup I was trying to use and I was coming up with about 9" BS if I wanted to target 0 scrub... That seemed pretty high, I am looking into other spindle/hub options currently. I don't think what I have is going to work out too well... Too much SAI and the hub offset is pretty big.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-10-2014, 09:33 PM
chetly chetly is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 178
Thanks: 4
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Maier has some aluminum spindles with steel shaft that uses big bearings. They might work for you...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-11-2014, 12:06 AM
Flash68's Avatar
Flash68 Flash68 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 9,070
Thanks: 34
Thanked 111 Times in 72 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 358Mustang View Post
Ok nice. Pretty deep BS, I was doing some rough numbers with the spindle/hub setup I was trying to use and I was coming up with about 9" BS if I wanted to target 0 scrub... That seemed pretty high, I am looking into other spindle/hub options currently. I don't think what I have is going to work out too well... Too much SAI and the hub offset is pretty big.
Payton King has the same size wheels and long arm deal but a .25 inch more BS so he closer to zero scrub than I am but neither of us are at true zero. Still pretty low and wide though.
__________________
1968 Camaro SB2.2
2004 Mustang LS2
2014 Keezer
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-11-2014, 01:36 AM
358Mustang 358Mustang is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Watsonville, CA
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
Payton King has the same size wheels and long arm deal but a .25 inch more BS so he closer to zero scrub than I am but neither of us are at true zero. Still pretty low and wide though.
I gotcha. Not sure how important it is, or if having an inch or so of scrub isn't particularly a bad thing then maybe I shouldn't sweat it. I just would rather try and do the figuring out now and optimize what I can (or at least what I think is right) rather than just compromise and call it good enough
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Lateral-g.net