Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 07-26-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
Hey, I do have a goal. And I plan to hit it buster!
We all have goals....but ours are to complete our cars this century

EDIT: Sorry Chris....couldn't help myself. I've read your thread a couple times now and love the direction of the car. Ain't nothin' wrong with stock sub and leaf springs. They are just as fun as any other set up you will ever drive.

Last edited by Track Junky; 07-26-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Hey, I do have a goal. And I plan to hit it buster!

Hey I am pretty sure I read you preaching setting goals in the Healthy 101 thread.... not transferable here?

Oh, and I am only Senior when compared to Spiffa.
Are you still mad at me for using OUR photo in my marketing? I was just talking to Kelli about making T shirts for the guys.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
Are you still mad at me for using OUR photo in my marketing? I was just talking to Kelli about making T shirts for the guys.
I caught that...

Old 07-26-2012, 11:48 PM

Seeing my thread hijacked there for a moment by 'the boys' brought tears to my eyes. I've been waiting for that for so long. I'm official now. Damn that feels good. No, wait, Mr. Weld didn't join the party. Still not official yet.

Quote:
Chris, yes! Love your planning methods... and you don't follow down the paths of others unless you are convicted in it.... I can't always say that about myself and most others... I definitely would tread lightly with that SS700 Keisler deal.... esp after the way the RS600 fiasco went.... but I know you are monitoring it.
Goal for timeframe for completion?
Thanks Dave! Yes, it's great to finally post this darn thing and start contributing again to this website. Hope to have the remaining mods done by February/March. Things are moving at a good clip now. I hear ya on the SS700. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but staying realistic and keeping my options open as there are some great alternatives readily and locally available. I'm not going to hold up my build because of the tranny.

By the way, fark you and your new home with that rediculous driveway. Freakin' gorgeous, of course. Congrats on that. Hopefully Kandie and I can make our way up there some time soon and check out your new digs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Junky View Post
I've read your thread a couple times now and love the direction of the car. Ain't nothin' wrong with stock sub and leaf springs. They are just as fun as any other set up you will ever drive.
Thanks! I appreciate you mentioning that. I've thread through your build thread many times actually and it's helped me make some decisions on the path I'm going down now. So a big thanks for sharing your setup and experiences on the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Moreno View Post
Chris, great job on the upgrades, keep it up. It's going to feel like a new car for sure
Thanks Al. That's much appreciated. I sure as hell hope it feels different!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
I'm passing the torch, buddy. You are methodical in your planning and execution. I'm really liking your decisions and sticking to your guns on what you want. That ZL-1 with injection is going to be sweet! I'll miss my engine more than anything when my car goes down the road. I really hate to say it, but that car needs a mini tub. Those 275's don't have a chance in hell.
I'll gladly take that torch my friend, although it may not burn as brightly as it did in your hands, and kinda sorry you're handing it to me. Wish we coulda run the ZL's together at a few events. I'm sure your next build will be insane though, and I'll get as much inspiration from it as I got from Payback. Yah, the 275's in the rear are going to be way over-matched. If it becomes a real source of frustration, I'll consider the tubs. Or smaller injectors.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Chris,

Well done my friend. Awesome kick off for “Major Havoc”. Subscribed and you know I'll be watching with great interest. I know you've been chomping at the bit.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Old 07-27-2012, 01:12 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Finally! Your car has been apart longer than Dave's. Wait, my car died the same weekend as Dave's. I think that was four months ago, and that means you've been keeping this under wraps and plotting quietly for quite some time

Matt
Old 07-27-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffav8 View Post
Chris, Well done my friend. Awesome kick off for “Major Havoc”. Subscribed and you know I'll be watching with great interest. I know you've been chomping at the bit.
Thanks Curtis. I'm glad to finally be far enough long to have something to write about and also be able to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for everything you've posted in your build thread, especially those renderings with the different wheels and colors. Since our cars are a lot like in terms of appearance, seeing the different wheel colors and stripes was very useful for me. When we last spoke at RTTC, it appeared at the time that we might be finishing our builds at about the same time and be able to lay down some victory rubber together. My finish date is now looking like around March. How's yours going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.A View Post
Finally! Your car has been apart longer than Dave's. Wait, my car died the same weekend as Dave's. I think that was four months ago, and that means you've been keeping this under wraps and plotting quietly for quite some time
Matt
Yes, "Finally!", I agree with that. The car has been apart too long with not much to write about. Got delayed with some doctor's bills and other adventures(which are still ongoing). Good to be making progress though. Not quite the skunk works you and your dad have going though, Mr. GT500, GT, and oh yah, that GM award winner '69. What's the scoop on your engine?
Old 07-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

We just get rid of one all aluminum big block 69 Camaro and bamm--another one pops up.

Really stoked to see progress brother. Your former DSE minitubs are sitting in my raceroom--should you change your mind.

Am also relieved you will be keeping it a driver ---I think that keeps the fun factor greater versus having only a single purpose ride. It would be great to have one for each if funds and time allowed wouldn't it?

I've always loved your approach of being so well documented with respect to your parts, costs, experiences with install and the feedback on them after they've been tested. It's one of the things I have always appreciated about you, and Todd as well---honest feedback about the process from start to finish. Plus, it's a great read--I love all the tech and seeing it from start to finish with the details. It has saved me funds and has helped make decision making easier. I'll never do it---but am grateful for analytical and anal retentive engineer types like you and Todd.

Listen, Natalie and Christian can come stay with you guys as much and as long as you would like--so just say the word. Last night, Barbie and Ken made an appearance in the back seat of the Camaro--that crossed the "D" line.

Yeah, I see your thread is already morphing danger close towards another DG Project Update Open Discussion thread. What choice do you have when the chief derailer is also a Mod? God Bless DG, and God Bless America. We just need JerDog and Skip to join in and get some vids going. I'll see what I can do.

If you need a hand on any weekend, just say the word. I will plan a trip down soon so I can check it out---I'll bring the Dub machine.

Doug
Old 07-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chr2002ca View Post
What's the scoop on your engine?
Steve Rupp has been helping with that, and just as we finalized all of the parts selection, I suppose you could say that he got very busy helping to take care of a couple kids.

I hope to get the car back together in the next couple of months.

Oh, and like Doug said, if you need any help with anything, I'm close by and happy to help. I've gotten good at holding parts in one hand, and a beer in the other. I'm also good enough to only do more complicated things twice now.

Matt
Old 07-27-2012, 01:40 PM

Chris, I apologize for the poor etiquette of our other members here who continually attempt to derail your thread.

Quote:
I'm not going to hold up my build because of the tranny.
That sounds like a personal situation buddy.

Quote:
Hopefully Kandie and I can make our way up there some time soon and check out your new digs.
Thanks and would love to have you and the wifey anytime you're in the area!

Keep on keepin on.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer