Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 04-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Exclamation People please be CAREFUL!!

I had someone ring my doorbell today, roughly around 11:50 AM. Since I did not recognize the person nor the pick-up truck, I did not open the door but rather opened the upstairs window and asked what he wanted. He said he was selling frozen shrimp & fish and wanted to come in to show me the products and I noticed someone else sitting in the truck as well.
I told him I wasn't interested and asked him to leave. He continued to try to get me to open the door to see his products. I asked him to leave and shut the window on him while he was still speaking. Finally, he got the point.
Point being; there are WAY TOO MANY home invasions and break-ins these days, we all have to be extra careful. My cousin works with the police department and he has also told my aunt to do the same thing. Just want to pass the word along for everyone to be safe.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Thanks for the heads up and I am glad things didn't turn bad, but I'm sorry I just kept thinking about this pic that's been floating around in the internet.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:06 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMorrison View Post

Thanks for the heads up and I am glad things didn't turn bad, but I'm sorry I just kept thinking about this pic that's been floating around in the internet.
LOL!!!
Yeah, we're entering a whole new world now that people are out of work and are in need of cash. Desperate times = desperate measures.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:28 PM

Someone stopped me in my driveway a few months ago while was unloading groceries from my car. He said he was from Comcast (our local cable company) & walked toward my front door (I had my arm around grocery bags and my housekeys keys in my other hand).

He asked if I was a current subscriber to Comcast, and I made a joke. All I said was "if you're FROM Comcast, wouldn't you know if I HAD Comcast?" I was kidding, making small-talk. I didnt think for a second that he wasn't legit.

But he looked at me, looked around and backed up and walked back down the driveway and down the street.

I went inside the house and called Comcast and asked about door-to-door salespeople in my neighbrohood and they said they didn't have any scheduled & to call the police immediately.

I did... not sure if they got him.

Taught me to be a little bit less trusting of people.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
Someone stopped me in my driveway a few months ago while was unloading groceries from my car. He said he was from Comcast (our local cable company) & walked toward my front door (I had my arm around grocery bags and my housekeys keys in my other hand).

He asked if I was a current subscriber to Comcast, and I made a joke. All I said was "if you're FROM Comcast, wouldn't you know if I HAD Comcast?" I was kidding, making small-talk. I didnt think for a second that he wasn't legit.

But he looked at me, looked around and backed up and walked back down the driveway and down the street.

I went inside the house and called Comcast and asked about door-to-door salespeople in my neighbrohood and they said they didn't have any scheduled & to call the police immediately.

I did... not sure if they got him.

Taught me to be a little bit less trusting of people.
Yeah, that's crazy.
You can't be too careful these days. It's a wild world out there.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:18 PM

Thats why I just took the classes to be able to legally carry a weapon. Too much BS going around, why be a victim.........
GSCA#411
BPG #1022
I CHOOSE LIFE!!!!!!!!!!
1970 GS Stage1 (wifes car) 12.78@104 all by herself!!
1970 GS 455-BUZILLA 535 826HP
10.18@133 so far thru the muffs
http://mrbuick.com/CUSTOMERS.htm WORKING ON THE FINEST CARS EVER
Why does it seem everyone has no time to do something right but they have time to do it twice????