Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2013, 09:20 PM

Default 70 Chevelle - My First Car

Well,
I thought I would go ahead and start my build thread. As the title states, this is my first car that I bought back in 1981. My Dad found it when he was selling insulation to a guy. We bought it one afternoon for $150. Yes, the price is correct. I think I got a good deal.
This picture is after new paint, new interior, wheels and tires. When I frist got it, all it needed was a clutch, exhaust and interior.

After driving through high school and trade school, the wife and I decided it was time to start our complete frame off build.

Got the body off the frame and the wife lost her garage. For more years than she ever dreamed.

Here's the roll and pleat job my Dad did when I first bought the car. Seats are still in the attic of the garage. they would probably clean up good to this day.

As I started building it back, I initially installed H.O. Racing Specialty suspension parts and rear disc brakes from a 1979 Trans Am, KYB shocks and every nut and bolt was brand new.

I used the original engine block to build a 383 and a turbo 400 trans. the original trans was a three speed on the column.

So after life got in the way for more years than I care to say, kids, job, HEEP,

But now we are starting back on it.

HEEP
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HEEP For This Useful Post:
andrewb70 (04-28-2023), jarhead (05-01-2023), Roscoe03 (04-22-2023)